Vinegar is one of the most important things that every kitchen should have. It is very useful in cooking, since it aids to make a lot of dishes more palatable and flavorful. It can also soothe bee stings/jellyfish stings, deter ants and remove animal urine stains.
There are other things that simple white vinegar can do in our homes – specifically the kitchen. It can be used as a cleaning agent in some of our kitchen appliances. It is more reasonable to use other than chemically prepared cleaning agents. It is cheaper and can be easily found in every kitchen. It effectively kills molds and other germ-causing bacteria due to its own properties.
White vinegar can clean kitchen boards and countertops
Kitchen boards and countertops should always be clean because it is essential in preparing foods that we eat.
- Prepare the materials needed such as white vinegar, hydrogen peroxide and two spray bottles.
- Pour undiluted white vinegar to the spray bottle and spray it towards the area where you want cleaned.
- In the other spray bottle, pour hydrogen peroxide – spray three percent of hydrogen peroxide on the same area.
- Rinse the area.
White Vinegar can clean a coffee maker
Some substances can clog coffee makers which will then affect the performance of a coffee maker. Coffee makers should be cleaned to make coffee flawlessly.
- For about a size of a 12 cup coffee maker, you will need to prepare 1 cup (250 ml) of warm water and 2 cups (500ml) of white vinegar.
- Mix the two liquids into the water reservoir.
- Brew the mixture.
- Remove the mixture and thoroughly clean the reservoir.
- Brew plain water for about two times to thoroughly clean the coffee maker and to totally rinse off the vinegar.
White vinegar can clean sink stains
Stains in kitchen sinks appear unpleasant to the eyes of meticulous homeowners. It is important to remove those stains to have a sanitized kitchen.
To remove stains in a sink’s faucet:
- Spray undiluted vinegar on the area.
- Let the vinegar settle on the area for about 15 minutes or even longer.
- Clean the area using a toothbrush to effectively remove dirt.
- Rinse the area.
To remove minor stains in porcelain sinks:
- Prepare baking soda, white vinegar and a sponge.
- Put baking soda on the stained area.
- Dip sponge in vinegar to clean the stains.
White vinegar can clean microwaves
Microwaves are important kitchen appliances. We sometimes neglect to clean them since we usually just use them to heat up food. The steps to clean them with vinegar are as follows:
You will need half a cup of white vinegar and half a cup of water.
- Mix solution in a microwaveable container – make sure to remove the lid.
- Set microwave to 5 minutes.
- Wipe the inner part of the microwave.
There are a number of cleaning agents you can use in the comfort of your own home. Although some kitchen appliances may not be vinegar friendly, those stated above are definitely safe to clean vinegar with.