A pressure washer is a device that is used to clean exteriors of buildings, vehicles and even streets. The pressure of the water that is released by the pressure washer can get rid of dust, grime, mold and other substances that have accumulated on the surface. For houses, it is advisable to clean the exteriors at least once a year to keep the surfaces clean and free of grime.
You can also use a pressure washer to clean your windows and leave them crystal clear and dirt free. There is a proper way on how you can do this. Follow the simple instructions below to know how to clean your windows with a pressure washer.
Here are the simple steps on how to clean windows with a pressure washer:
- Materials that you will need. The materials that you will need for pressure washing your windows are a pressure washer, a clean towel and some safety goggles for your eyes. You can get all these materials that you will need from your local hardware store.
- Prepare your windows. First, inspect your windows to see if there are no cracks or holes where water can seep in. When you are ready, roll up the towels that you have and insert them on the windows. This will prevent water from getting inside your house or seeping in places where they should not be.
- Test the pressure washer. Now, get ready with your pressure washer. Make sure that you put it on the lowest setting. Test it on the ground first to see how strong the pressure of the water is.
- Wash the windows. There are some things to remember when you use the pressure washer on your windows. Do not directly point the pressure towards the windows as the intense pressure can break the glass. For an effective washing, hold the pressure washer at an angle and spray downwards. It is better to wash the windows from the top most part of the windows and make your way down towards the bottom of the windows. Afterwards, work under the windows and on the ledge to make sure to get off all the grit.
- Clean the ground. After washing the windows, you will notice that the run off water from the windows may be dirty. Clean the ground by using the pressure washer. Point the washer away from the ground so that you can get rid of the dirty water.
- Dry the windows. Dry the windows with a clean cloth. Use the ones that are really made for wiping windows as other types of cloth tend to leave some particles on the window.
These are the steps that you have to follow in order for you to wash your windows without damaging them. When cleaning with your pressure washer, make sure to always wear safety goggles. Do not point the pressure washer towards people and stand a few feet away from the object that you are washing.