Having wood paneling for your house gives it a rustic look. To keep your house neat, tidy and dust free, you have to maintain its cleanliness. This includes cleaning the wooden walls and paneling. You might think that you need experts to deal with cleaning wood as you can damage the surface by cleaning it yourself. This should not be the case. You can easily clean the wood walls and paneling in your home by yourself. You will have to follow some simple instructions to avoid damaging the wood.
Here are the easy steps that you have to follow if you want to clean the wooden paneling and walls in your house:
- Cleaning materials you will need. The materials that you will need for cleaning your wood paneling and walls are a vacuum cleaner, some clean and soft rags and oil soap. You can purchase oil soap from the hardware store. This is safe for wood and it will give it a shine.
- Wipe off the walls and paneling. Get your rag and wipe off the paneling and walls. Go over them to remove the dust and any particles that are stuck on the surface. Do not worry about getting all the dust, as you will still use the vacuum cleaner afterwards.
- Vacuum the walls and paneling. After dusting the walls and paneling off, you can already use the vacuum cleaner. Go over the walls and make sure that there is no dust or dirt left on the surface. Change the attachment on the vacuum cleaner if you have to. You can use the pointed attachment on the vacuum to be able to clean the corners of the walls and hard to reach places.
- Polish the wood. When you have already gotten rid of all the dust on the surface of the walls and the paneling, the last step is to polish it with the oil soap. Get another rag and pour a small amount of oil soap on it. Afterwards, wipe the surface of the wood with the rag. Make sure that you use a soft rag to avoid having scratches on the surface of your wood paneling and walls. You will notice that your wood looks new and shiny. Go over the walls until you are happy with how it looks.
- Maintenance. In order to avoid having to use the vacuum each time you clean your wood paneling and walls, go over them with a soft cloth everyday. You will get rid of the dust and polish the walls every once in a while.
These are the simple steps that you have to follow if you are planning on cleaning your wood walls and paneling. The steps are simple and you do not have to worry about damaging the wood. This will also save you lots of money, as you do not have to call some experts to clean your walls for you. It will also preserve the wood and make it look as good as new.