Having your bedroom in black and white damask can be called a personal indulgence. Damask after all is a sophisticated theme, and even more so if set in black and white. Decorating a black and white damask bedroom is not a problem at all since the color scheme itself balances off any color. And with some tips at hand, decoration becomes a much easier task. Take a look at the tips below.
- Decide how you want to feature damask. You basically have two options when using black and white damask as a theme. One, you can use it in your main bedroom items. And two, you can use it in your bedroom accents. Although it is largely a personal preference, your decision will be influenced by your budget and creativity. In any case, though, you are not bound by any limits however you want to feature damask.
- Choose black and white damask bedspread. If you want to feature damask in your main items, your bed should be the first to be dressed up. Because damask is again gaining popularity, there are lots of black and white damask bedding available in many stores today. Choose the type of print you want; you can either go for floral or geometric patterns. Make sure to complete the look of your bed by embellishing it with light-colored satin sheet and brightly colored pillows. For pillows specifically, you can use bright shades of pink, blue, red, and green, as all these can lend vibrancy to the black and white combination.
- Add curtains. If you prefer, you can have the curtains in the same color as your pillows, but in a pastel shade. Or if it is much better, you can choose curtains in light colors such as tan, ivory, and beige. Avoid curtains with elaborate patterns because these will only compete with the already elaborate design of the damask fabric.
- Have damask-cushioned seats. Black and white damask upholstery can be a good accent, so make sure to cover your couch and chairs with damask fabric. Your throw pillows should also be in strikingly bold colors to create a neutral visual effect.
- Get hold of damask accessories. Find interesting damask accessories if you don’t want to feature the theme in your main bedroom items. You have a lot of options. You can get black and white damask lampshades, boxes, pillow shams, table covers, and rugs.
- Place other types of accents. Not every accent of course should be in black and white damask, since this will be kind of visually messy. So make sure to add non-damask items that will support the visual impact you are trying to create. For instance, you can place indoor plants at your bedside, hang colored photographs, or make use of pale-colored blinds.
Leave your room for an hour as soon as you are done decorating. When you step back, begin to assess. Do all the elements work together well? Are you able to create the look you are digging for? Does the room look complete? Or is something missing? And most importantly, are you satisfied?