After winter, many people look for a way to redecorate their front porches to make them seem livelier. Spring is one of the best times to decorate a front porch, as you have nature working by your side. There are a lot of things you can do. Your designs and decorations will not be limited by the weather, so you can choose to design your front porch any way you want. With a few simple yet inventive ideas, you can turn your ordinary front porch into something beautiful:
Here are a few simple tips on how to decorate a front porch for spring:
- Start with the basics: clean up the mess. Winter can sometimes leave a wet, sloppy mess behind. Most front porches become magnets for dirt and grime during wintertime. Leaves can also accumulate in your front lawn. Start to clean your front porch by sweeping any of the leaves that have collected there. Also, wipe your boards clean of dirt and grime using a damp mop or rag. If any part of your front porch gets damaged by the weather, it is a good time to do repairs. Start with the necessities first. If the furniture on your front porch has seen better days, you should probably clean, restore or replace them. Try scrubbing your chair cushions to make them brighter. Cleaning your space will give your front porch a bright, springtime look.
- Do a little gardening. Spring is a great time to plant flowers and other plants. You can be assured that with proper care and nutrition, you will get beautiful results. They are a great way to add a little color to your front porch in a natural way. Try to decorate the sides of your front porch with potted plants and flowers to add some accent to the design. Alternatively, you can take a few metal planters and hang them on your door.
- Use a wreath to decorate your front lawn. You can easily make a wreath using a grapevine. You can decorate your wreath anyway you want. For springtime, the best décor to use are bright flowers and various berries to liven up your wreath. You can also choose to buy readymade springtime wreaths in various arts and crafts stores.
- Do a little flea market shopping. Flea markets are great places to score a new decorative piece for your front porch. You’ll be surprised at the great bargains you’ll find. Flea markets are great for buying porch tables, hammocks, and curtains for your front porch at a very low price.
- Make an arts and crafts project all about decorating your front porch. There are a lot of front porch projects you can do at home. Make sure that the projects you choose will look bright and sunny, to make it applicable to spring.
There are many ways to decorate your front porch for springtime. With these simple tips, you will be able to give your porch that springtime look in no time.