If you are looking to remodel your kitchen, then it's important to know where to start so that you don't get overwhelmed. In order to do a kitchen remodel, you should determine exactly how much you want to spend and what you are interested in remodeling. Are you just going to replace a few appliances or are you going to go all out and replace everything in your kitchen? This is the first step to remodeling.
Once you have decided how much work you want to do in your kitchen, you should then browse through possible ideas so that you have an end result in mind. You can find ideas in remodeling magazines or even online. When you have decided on a theme, it's time to make a list of supplies you will need. This is how I would recommend starting:
- What do you want replaced or remodeled? (Think the floor, walls, cabinets and furniture)
- Why do you want to replace or remodel it? Is it because you are just bored with your surroundings or do you want improve the efficiency of your kitchen. There is a huge difference between a remodel for efficiency and a remodel for aesthetic purposes. You need to determine up front what you are planning on accomplishing.
- Start remodeling. Begin with the cabinets and the walls or floor. Do not begin with appliances because it is likely that this project will take you a while. You will want access to your refrigerator and stove so that you don't have live off of take out during the remodeling process.
- Once you have painted and replaced your cabinets, you can begin thinking about spacing; where do you want everything to go? Do you want it to be the same as before or different? Also begin thinking about adding an island or area to hang pots or pans for easy access. That is quite a popular organizational tool for modern remodeling.
- Begin choosing your appliances. If you are remodeling, your appliances should match as much as possible.
- Once you have chosen and installed appliances, you're ready to put the finishing touches on your kitchen remodel. Buy new dishes and silverware to put the class in your kitchen.
Essentially, these are the basic steps for how to do a kitchen remodel. Ultimately it will be dependent on your budget and overall taste for which steps to heed and which to ignore.