If you’re currently in the process of redecorating your home, a wall painting may be just what you need to give a fresh new look to any room. However, you don’t necessarily have to shell out big bucks to make sure that you’d find a wall painting that you’d like. If you’re looking to find inexpensive wall paintings or decorations, here are some of the tips that would help you out:
- Look for department store sales. Why not take the time to check out the home decoration department of the mall? There are usually low-priced wall paintings available there, and though famous art masters may not do them, the important thing is that you get to choose one that you yourself prefer.
- Purchase from university exhibits. Be on the lookout for gallery exhibits done by art students in the college or university near you. These exhibits and art shows are usually done by the end of the academic semester, as a culmination of the lessons the art majors have learned. You’d definitely expect cheaper prices available this way, and you never know if the artist of the painting you purchase would one day be known as an art master.
- Buy replicas. Just because you don’t have millions of dollars to spare doesn’t mean you wouldn’t be able to enjoy a Renoir in your living room. If you’re after the design and ambience that famous paintings exude, then why not settle for replicas available online. Check out wallartforless.com where you can search for replicas by subject or by artist. Remember to check out their wall art clearance pages, with most of the paintings priced below $100. At 1st-art-gallery.com, you could also order paintings customized to your preferred size.
- Buy prints. For a very cheap alternative, consider buying prints of famous paintings and have them framed. The key here is in choosing prints that will fit in with the over-all design and color of the room, and to invest in the frames. Buying prints is also a great option for you if you want to create a pop-art, cosmopolitan look to your home.
- Make your own. Why not make your own painting? Turn your home decorating project into an opportunity to hone your artistic skills. The best thing about this option is that you can truly customize the design of the wall painting to accentuate the room’s theme.
- Use different painting styles. Yet another option for you is to skip the wall painting and make your wall an art centerpiece in itself. Learn various painting techniques such as crackle painting, paneling painting, coat painting, trim painting and wall finishes.
These are just some of the things you can consider doing if you want to decorate your home walls with paintings that won’t have you seeing dollar signs every time you look at it. Remember, effective decorating doesn’t necessarily equal lots of spent money. It’s all about resourcefulness, creativity, and having your own personal sense of style. Good luck!