Breaking a beloved piece of china can be devastating, especially if it was a family heirloom or sentimental piece. Not to fear, matching services are here! China replacement companies can carry a myriad of different patterns and stock thousands of different pieces. Chances are your replacement piece is just waiting to be found. So how do you go about finding that piece of replacement china?
- Preventative Measures - Even if you do not currently have a broken or damaged piece that needs to be replaced, take action to prepare yourself just in case you do lose a piece or you have to replace discontinued china. Most china replacement companies have annual or semi-annual mailing lists (via either e-mail or postal mail) listing their current stock and patterns in their inventory. Subscribe to them as a preventative measure -- you never know when you may need new pieces. They will also be able to warn you several months in advance if one of your patterns is going to be discontinued, so you can stock up on additional pieces.
- Manufacturing Information - When you contact a china replacement service, have on hand as much information about the piece as you may have, including the manufacturer and the pattern name or number if available. This information will enable them to locate the piece you are looking for much more quickly. They will also tell you a little more about the pattern, including the dates it was in production, whether or not the pattern is still being manufactured, and what pieces (if any) they have with that particular pattern.
- No Information? - If the piece was a hand-me-down from your grandmother's set or a great find from a flea market or garage sale, chances are you will not have any of the manufacturing information. In cases such as this, send the replacement company a clear photograph of the piece (note colors if needed); they can often identify a pattern just by looking at it.
- Get Your Piece Quick! - Using a china replacement service is generally the quickest way to get the china replacement piece you need, especially if you are in a rush. Searching online or through antique shops can be a strenuous, long process unless you have a pattern that is very common and can be found easily.
- Other Pieces - China replacement services are not only good for replacing china pieces; many services also carry rare and discontinued crystal, flatware, and other collectibles.
China replacement services may not always be the least expensive option, but they are certainly the most pragmatic and convenient. They will do all the work for you, searching for the correct piece, rather than you having to scour flea markets, antique shops, and browse for hours online.