Crime rates in most states are continuing to rise, especially in the case of small-time crimes like break-ins and thievery. Whether to protect your valuable assets in the office, or to ensure the safety of your family at home, a good burglar alarm system is necessary. With criminals quickly learning new tricks and mastering new strategies, it is time for you to upgrade your alarm system with wirefree alarm systems. Unlike the wired alarm of the past, these wirefree response alarm systems are no longer dependent on visible and vulnerable wires that are easily dismounted and disconnected. Here are the things to look for in a good wirefree response alarm system.
- Good signal. One of the main reasons why wirefree alarm systems were not used in the past was because of the difficulty in ensuring signal strength, or the number of false alarms when other radio waves interfered with the alarms. Today, however, the technology used is very precise. Just to be sure, however, you should look for an alarm with a specifically configured signal or radio wave that cannot be easily hacked into and disabled, and which can strongly communicated with the central alarm panel that will notify you in cases of emergency.
- Strong and durable. Naturally, the alarms will be placed in strategic locations around your property. In some cases, you may need to have them installed outdoors, or in other areas which are prone to sunlight, wind, rain, and humidity. Apart from the corrosive effects of the elements from outside, moisture can also gather indoors especially in wet or humid states. Be sure that your wirefree alarm system can withstand these conditions. It should also be strong enough to resist attempts to dismantle or dislodge the alarm. The cover should be strong eno9ugh to withstand sharp objects, and when attached, it should be difficult to remove.
- Good battery time. Also check for wirefree alarms that do not need much battery. The best alarms are those that can be installed and can be left by them except for regular maintenance. Be sure that the product indicates the exact durations after which the battery must be replaced. Few things are worse than having a break-in simply because the batteries have run out. Also look for wirefree alarms that can be used like heavy duty batteries, that will take longer before you need to replace them.
- Warranties. Make sure that your wirefree alarm is covered by warranties and that your insurance company considers it functional. Good quality products will always come with a warranty, especially if the manufacturer is certain that the product will function properly as long as used properly. This is the type of product that you want in protecting some of your most valuable assets – sometimes including your life itself.
- Connected to the police department. Finally, you may also want a wirefree commercial alarm that is programmed to contact the local police department when the alarm is set of. This will ensure that you are not only notified of danger, but that you will have the appropriate force to help you deal with the situation. Be sure to notify the police department first, so that they will be aware of your alarm and can respond accordingly.
When properly used, these devices can even be your life alarm. With these factors in mind, staying safe and securing your valuables through a wirefree alarm can be done.