Do you have a loose brick in your step? Not sure how to fix it or who to call? Well I will save you a lot of time and money with this quick and easy fix.
- Take a hammer and lightly tap the brick until it can be removed by hand.
- Now that you have the brick out, remove any loose mortar from around the brick with the hammer. Be very careful and please wear eye protection. If some of the mortar doesn't want to come off, it's OK.
- Now clean the hole from which the brick came out. Just clean the loose mortar. Make sure any loose pieces are removed.
- Now take a caulking gun and a tub of clear silicone caulking, and put caulking around the brick. Caulking can be purchased at any home improvement store or hardware store. Do not put any silicone on the face of brick.
- Now slide the brick back into the hole and tap lightly with a hammer until its flush with the existing brick.
- Now you take a damp rag and wipe any excess silicone from the brick.
- Allow the brick to set up for at least 24 hours and that's it.
You just saved yourself a few hundred dollars and the steps look as good as new.