According to the Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, security is one of the necessities of life. The theory is very much right. In fact, our genes and our primal behaviors are testament to this need. The sense of being unsafe in every location that we stand on comes into our thoughts every day but we have learned to nullify it over the years. We have learned to relax and forget that there are still dangers everywhere, including inside our homes. Fearing danger in our own houses is unacceptable, so, we must apply measures to improve your security.
Here are some tips for you to improve home security.
- Affiliate with a reputable surveillance agency. Home surveillance services are available these days because of the increased burglary cases. These services are provided by agencies that provide 24 hour monitoring of your house plus other benefits. BroadView Security offers this type of service, including constant access to a security phone line and rapid response teams for any emergencies. They can also offer you equipment upgrades like a wireless alarm per request.
- Install your own home security surveillance systems. You need to see your home and your children all the time and with the use of Easy Home Surveillance, you can accomplish that. They have a kit that has the instructions on how to create a surveillance system on your own. Their free software allows you to have full access of your computer and cameras using only your phone. This is very useful every time you have to leave your children alone in the house.
- Make use of home automation systems. Home automation has become a cheap and indispensable technology. Burglar alarms and other devices can now be controlled using a computer. A store that has a sophisticated system may even detain a burglar in the establishment when detected by its sensors or cameras. Putting up this type of system is very difficult for an unskilled person so you will need to contact a security agency to do it for you.
- Use common sense to keep out of danger. Besides sensors, cameras and computer stuffs, there are also inexpensive ways of increasing the security of your house. Without even installing a single wire or device, you can make your house safer from burglars by:
- Placing short, yet thorny bushes outside your windows.
- Reducing the visibility of the inside of your house from outside observers. Blinds and window tinting can do this.
- Making sure also that you always keep your windows closed before you leave the house.
5. Install fire and dangerous chemical sensors. Outbreaks of this kind have a way of sneaking into our home without warning. The usual causes of these catastrophes are the residents themselves. The most sensible solutions are vigilance and a little technology here and there.
Whatever it is that may cause the disruption of your home security, keep in mind that no one will become a victim to someone's criminal mind if you are always a step ahead of him or her.