With the arrival of winter, there's nothing like enjoying the warmth of home. To achieve this, it is best to resort to heating and good insulation to help us keep the cold away from home. However, the floor also plays a key role in our welfare; for example, the material of our flooring can be a warm and decorative option to consider. Among them, of course, a carpet floor, a classic home furnishing, thanks to new manufacturing systems, has become a convenient alternative, clean and attractive.
In addition to having a wide range of models, which makes it a very versatile product, new technologies make possible the existence of stain-resistant carpet, anti-static treatments and more hygienic carpet offerings. They are also very easy to install.
When installing a carpet, it is very important to take into account the nature of the surface on which it will be placed. It's different on wood, PVC or other flooring, as the adhesive to be used will change.
Perhaps the easiest way to install a carpet is using a double-sided adhesive strip on the edges and joints so that the material does not move. This system is often used if the surface is small and the flooring is PVC. Another possibility is to use flooring adhesive without solvent (could be harmful to the health). If the floor is wood, one must first prepare the surface. This can be done easily with water and cleaning products. If it is smooth, you can attach it to almost all the tapes and products on the market. The textile-backed carpets require a force of greater union.
What tools and products you need:
In addition to cleaning products, you need a serrated blade, trowel, cutters (tools hook knife, utility knife, etc.) and steel templates to facilitate accurate cutting, and of course, the adhesive.
Prepare the floor:
- If you put carpet on a tiled floor, wash the surface with benzene.
- You can use a spatula to eliminate any mistakes, and leave the ground as smooth as possible for the application of adhesive or glue.
- When installed on wooden floors, a board 10 mm thick will compensate for inequalities.
- You can also apply flooring with a scraper and then match it to achieve a homogeneous surface.
Having prepared the base, do the following:
- Take accurate measurements of the room and choose the size of the rolls in accordance. Avoid seams in the middle of a room, as they would be the most visible.
- Stretch the material around the room. You will probably have to cut the carpet. Be very accurate in doing so.
- Place the carpet in place by adjusting the edges.
- Fold material in half and apply adhesive to the other half of the room.
- Apply or expose the adhesive.
- Fold the other half placed on the carpet and repeat the same operation.