A DVR surveillance system is the perfect solution to security in homes and business environments. These DVR surveillance systems are able to record video straight to a hard disk. It can also be attached to a computer or a television in order to monitor grounds in real time. If you need to install a DVR surveillance system in your home or office, read and follow the instructions that are provided below.
Here are the instructions that you need to follow if you want to install a DVR surveillance system on your home:
- Mount security cameras. First, determine where you plan to mount the security cameras. It is important to position them in vital places in the location that you want to protect. Some of the common areas that you want to monitor are the cash register, a vault, entrances and exits. Place them in a high location so that you can get more coverage. It might be better to use a wireless DVR so that you do not have to worry about hiding wires from view.
- Choose output. Now you have to determine where you want the data to show up. You can use a computer and a hard drive but this can be expensive. You will also need a DVR card to use with your computer so that you can record in the system. Most of the DVRs that are used for commercial purposes can store up to 20 days worth of surveillance video.
- Power up wireless receiver. If you are using a wireless DVR surveillance system, plug in the wireless receiver. If you are using wired DVR surveillance system, connect the wires of the surveillance cameras to the recording device. Keep the wires hidden or taped to a wall so that no one will trip on the wires and accidentally unplug them from their connections.
- Install software. Install any software that you need on your computer in order for it to work. You may consult the user’s manual for the DVD surveillance system to know how you can properly install the software on your machine. Follow the instructions to make the surveillance camera work on your computer.
- Test the system. After you have done the installation process, the next thing to do is to test it. Have someone walk over to the places where the cameras are positioned. Monitor their actions on your computer. Try to playback the recordings to see if they have been properly stored in your hard drive without interference.
These are the simple steps that you can follow if you want to install a DVR surveillance system in your home or office. If you are trying to cover a big area, it is advisable to purchase plenty of surveillance cameras so that you have every corner covered. You might also want to ask help from an expert if you are dealing with high-end recording devices so that they can be installed properly and make the most out of them.