A gas wall furnace is a heating unit that makes use of natural gas for heating. It is mainly used as an enhancement to your standard furnace in order to increase the heat in your home during the cold season. It is best to use in rooms and locations in your house that are not easily reached by the furnace that you already have. If you want additional heat in your home, follow the steps provided below to safely install a gas wall furnace.
These are the step-by-step instructions on how you can install a gas wall furnace in your home:
- Purchase gas wall furnace. Determine the location where you will place the gas wall furnace before you purchase. Gas wall furnaces come in different sizes to accommodate different sizes of rooms. It is good to know the size of the room first so that you can get the appropriate gas wall furnace for your use. You can purchase a gas wall furnace from online stores or check local stores near your area.
- Read the instructions. The gas wall furnace will come with instructions on how you can install it. Some gas wall furnaces may have different procedures from others so it is important that you read and understand instructions well.
- Placing the furnace. When setting up the metal plate on the wall that mounts the gas wall furnace, be sure to follow the specifications on the instructions. You have to put some allowance between the wall and the location where you will put the gas wall furnace. The location must be on an exterior wall but inside the home.
- Installing the gas wall furnace. Mount the gas wall furnace on the wall. Make sure that the gas wall furnace is attached in between the studs on the wall. The space on the wall for mounting should be level. This is important to make sure that moisture will not get into the heater during the rainy season. Consult the user’s manual on other mounting procedures and check if you have done it properly.
- Connect the gas pipes. This is a job that is best left to a professional. Call an electrician to do the connections on the gas pipes so that you can already start using your gas wall furnace. You can also do this by yourself if you have background in installation of gas pipes.
These are the steps that you can follow if you want to know how to install a gas wall furnace in your home. The steps are simple and you can do this in less than an hour.
Make sure to clean the vent and filter of your gas wall furnace once in a while to make sure that it works properly. Consult the user’s manual for instructions on how to take care of your gas wall furnace so that it will last a long time. It is best to clean it at least once a year, just before you are going to use it for the cold months.