A septic tank can be pretty easy to install if you know what to do. The installation of a septic tank is not for people who do not have background in construction. You will need lots of energy in order to install the tank. There are also certain rules and regulations that you have to follow in installing septic tanks. It will be helpful if you ask someone to help you in installing a septic tank.
Here are the steps on how you install a septic tank:
- Rules and Regulations. Before installation begins, you have to know the certain rules and regulations of installing a septic tank in your area. Some of the things that you will need to inform the concerned authorities about are the sizes and dimensions of the tank and the leach field. You also have to check the requirements for the material used for the septic tank. Some of the common materials used are plastic and concrete. The last thing you have to get before beginning installation is a construction permit.
- Beginning Installation. Once you know all the necessary rules and regulations and you already have your permit, you are ready to install your septic tank. Put up your construction permit in a place where everyone can see. Measure the area where you plan to place the tank. It would also be helpful if you make a diagram of your installation before you start, to known the design of the septic tank.
- Installation. You can now dig the hole where you will put your septic tank. Make sure that you are not hitting any underground wires when you are digging. You can ask the help of a professional from a septic service to aid you in digging the hole. When your hole is big enough to fit the septic tank, you can now lower it. Make sure that the tank is level when it is lowered into the whole.
- Connecting to Plumbing System. You can connect the septic tank once it is placed in the whole. Use pipes to attach the septic tank to the plumbing system of your house. Connect the pipes properly and see to it that there are no leaks anywhere.
- Finishing the Installation. After everything is set, you can now fill the empty spaces in the hole with dirt. Do not cover the top of the septic tank, as you may need to do some maintenance in the future. Fill the tank with the right amount of water. You are now done installing your septic tank
These are the simple steps you can follow to install your septic tank. If you are a bit hesitant about doing the installation of the septic tank yourself, you can ask for help from septic tank installers. They may require you to pay a high fee, but you can be sure that they get all the necessary permits needed and they will also be able to install the septic tank in the best possible way.