Securing household premises is needed nowadays, providing gates or barriers to protect home from unwanted invaders. Installing an automatic gate is now possible, providing better ease for every family member.
Here are some tips on how to install an automatic gate:
- Determine your gate's capacity. Before installing in your automatic gate, determine your gate's capacity in installing automatic sensors. Several considerations are considered, like the weight of your gate. Sometimes, it is good to go for gates weighing around 115 kg or more and less 5 meter long. Gates should not be close to the ground to prevent inconvenience. Check the gate's body if it is considered a “swing gate” which is good for automatic slide. Double check fences if it is sturdy enough or well fitted in the ground to avoid twist and accidents. Additionally, knowing the kind of gate you have is important whether it is a vinyl, wood, metal gates and so on because this may affect your installation processes. Take note that the demands of automatic motor gate installers vary from one brand to the other. Once you have chosen a brand installer, better re read guidelines and demands of it for you to know if it works well in your gate.
- Prepare the materials. In installing automatic gates, you need to prepare all the materials needed, from the machines that need to be installed and the materials on how you will store those machines. You will basically need transformers, a control box, a receiver box, sensors, a post bracket, and an actuator. Tools to be used are a set of spanners, power drill, electrical screw driver, tape measure, G clamps, pliers, wire stripper and 10 mm drill bit.
- Establish gate posts. The first thing you need to do is to establish your gate post on your ground. Using a power drill, dig holes to let your two gate posts be built side by side. They will serve the pillars of your gate. If having your gates already, check the status of your gates depending on the criteria of your installations.
- Hang your entry gates. Using your 10 mm drill bit, hang in your fences in your gate posts at least 2 ft. above the ground for better functions of the gate. Again, if gates are already built, check the capability of the gate before installing an automatic transmitter to it.
- Install all the equipment. The control box is the brain of your automatic gate system. Begin by fixing the control box. Build in the control box in the left corner of your gate (facing your home). It is better that it is near any available sockets since it is run through by a transformer. Bury the sensor 1 foot away from the gate's ground facing your home premises. This will serve as your gate operators. In the upper right side of the control box, build in the receiver box. And on the right gate post, positioning inside your home. Put in the post bracket so that the gate actuator and gate bracket will then be placed. Arrange all wiring from the receiver, transformer, actuator and post bracket which need to be all connected in the control box. Test everything to see if all machines work.
Always remember that automatic gate installation will depend on the capacity of your gate and the gate installation gadgets. The gates' circumstances differ from another.