The kitchen is an important room in the house where food preparation and cooking is done. A regular kitchen should contain a cooking stove, a kitchen sink, pots and pans and cabinets. Other appliances like a refrigerator and a microwave oven can also be used for added convenience. Among the most important kitchen items are kitchen fixtures. Home fixtures in the kitchen include faucets and the kitchen sink. It is important to be familiar with these fixtures before you proceed with creating the design.
Faucets are devices that control the flow of water. They are mainly used in the kitchen for washing. There are four types of faucets, and each of them has their own characteristics. The compression type faucet is the oldest and the most basic type of faucet. It can be easily distinguished by its appearance. This is the only type of faucet that uses rubber or neoprene washers to prevent leakage. It works by compressing the washer or tightening the handle to control the flow of water.
The cartridge type faucet can be easily identified by how it operates. This type of cartridge is known for its unique movement. To control the flow of water, its stem cartridge can be moved up or down. To regulate the temperature, it can be adjusted left or right.
A disc type faucet is the latest addition in faucet technology. It uses a single knob in a cylindrical-shaped ceramic housing that contains two discs. With the gliding of the discs, the water is controlled and the temperature is regulated. This faucet is very reliable and requires minimal maintenance. The last type of faucet is the ball-type faucet. It can be distinguished by its ball-shaped cap. This houses the metal or plastic ball which controls the flow of water and temperature from the faucet.
A kitchen sink, on the other hand, is one of the most essential types of kitchen fixture. It is a basin intended for washing. There are different materials used in making kitchen sinks. The most common are ceramic, marble, plastic, stainless steel and glass.
Here are tips on how to install your kitchen fixtures.
- Determine the fixture's intended use. Single and double sink areas can be very convenient depending on the user. A double sink is convenient to those who want to separate cleaning vegetables from the dirty dishes area.
- Installing a faucet can be easy. You need to decide on where you need to put it. There are faucets that are detached and built into the sink.
- Placing the sink and faucet next to the stovetop can be very convenient. In this way, you can easily get water without going too far from the stove. It can also be easier for you to wash your hands when needed.
- Wall fixtures such as shelves and racks should be placed around the kitchen accordingly. The room should contain enough racks for items such as spices, and shelves should be placed on high places.
- Glass fixtures like lighting should be placed sufficiently across the kitchen. This is to ensure there is enough light in the room, especially while cooking.
There are several ways you can get home fixtures. You can purchase them online, through wholesale stores or through warehouses.
Once you get familiar with the kitchen fixtures, you can now focus on what design you want to use. You can choose a more old-fashioned Celtic design or go for a modern style kitchen.