When it comes to installing motorized blinds, many people assume that this is a job that is too big for them to handle. This is not the case though as motorized blinds have become much easier to install as years of progress in the design of these products have come full circle.
- The first thing you must do is exactly measure the holes found on the back of the window shades and then mark those measurements on your wall. Make sure that your markings are dead on and that they are completely straight with each other in order to make sure that your blinds will be straight once they are hung. Some people like to simply use a pencil to make the mark on the wall but there is a better idea out there. By using a drill you can place a small hole into the wall to mark the spot. This will make your marks extremely visible and since it is the spot that you will want to drill deeper into later, there is no harm done.
- Once you are ready to put the screws into place you will want to drill the holes a little deeper so that the bolts can be screwed in. Use only the bolts that came with your window shades in order to make sure that it all gets put together properly.
- Carefully hang your motorized window shades on the bolts using the instructions that came in the box. Every model and brand will have slightly different instructions so it is very important that you pay close attention to the details.
- Once the shades are hung in place you should go ahead and use a level to ensure that they were hung straight and even.
- Now that you have the hard part done, make sure that you have the right batteries in the remote control so that you can start making the blinds motorized.
As long as the motorized window blinds were hung straight and all of the directions were followed, you should have no problem making use of your new blinds. With the ease of a push of a button, you will now be able to enjoy your motorized window blinds for many years. Take pride in a job well done and get ready to move on to the next window that is in need of shades.