Insects are disturbing and alarming. Ensure that your family especially your children are safe from harm and diseases. Some people choose natural treatments because some insect repellents are harmful. Besides, pesticides are expensive. Below are steps and guides on how to kill ants, cockroaches, and spiders with shampoo.
- The need for natural treatment. It’s about economic and safety reasons. Use only chemicals and stronger repellent if needed. Besides ants, cockroaches and spiders, you must check your house and garden if there are bats, bees, beetles, fleas, flies, mice, mosquitoes, soil/plant pests, reptiles, snails, slugs, ticks, lice, and wasps.
- Mix shampoo insect repellent. Mix equal amounts of water and insect shampoo repellent like White Rain Citrus Shampoo in a canister. Cover the lid and shake. Spray the treatment to pathways of insects. Spray more for huge spiders and cockroaches. Be careful in spraying for you might get irritated. Stop using the treatment if irritation symptoms arise. Immediately rinse the floor after spraying to avoid accidents.
- Determine the resting nests of insects. Identify the pathways and nests of insects. Find ants in holes and terminate the ant queen because it creates colonies. Cockroaches nest on dark areas in kitchen and bathroom. Cockroaches usually hide at night. Use a flashlight to find them. Spiders nest on basements and idle rooms. Ask your housemates to leave the house for an hour if you need to use a stronger repellent.
- Maintain the cleanliness of your home. It’s the best way to shun insects. Teach your children to help. Besides spraying shampoo, seal cracks in doors, windows, and walls because snakes and dangerous animals can enter through them. Keep your kitchen clean with mild bleach or vinegar solution. Regularly spray, vacuum, sweep and mop. Keep your food in air-tight containers so they’ll stay fresh and safe from insects. Clean your house because you can’t seal everything. Cockroaches enter in vents and dents. Cleanliness is the best protection you can give to your loved ones.
- Other home products that repel insects. They are cedar chips, diatomaceous earth, alcohol and red cedar, garlic, cinnamon, beer, borax soap, lavender, thyme, basil, witch hazel, pantyhose and mothballs. It’s important to know alternatives in times that shampoo repellent is not available. Teach your family members especially the kids on how to repel insects so they can protect themselves. Also, teach them first aid cures in case they’re bitten. Some of these home products need mixing like you need to add several drops of peppermint oil, lavender oil, and tea tree oil to witch hazel. Apply a little amount to your skin. Remember that outdoors is of equal importance to indoors. Mix equal amount of Epsom salts, antiseptic mouthwash and flat beer and then spray the mixture to bushes, grass, and weeds to repel insects. Keep chemical pesticides in a safe place where children can’t reach them.
Ants, cockroaches, spiders and other insects are easy to repel. Remember
that precaution is better than cure. All you need is a little time each
day to clean your house and garden. Ask help and create cleaning