Pests can drive a gardener batty. If insects and other pests have been attacking your garden making your plants ill or even killing them, there is something you can do. Follow these instructions and you can kill garden pests easily.
Ivory liquid soap
- Determine the source of your pest problem. There may be several different types of pests infesting your garden. Before you start to kill them, find out what they are. Are animals digging up your beloved plants or have insects started chewing the leaves? Each pest requires different solutions but the following two procedures will help fix most garden pest problems.
- Mix the detergent. Squirt a few drops of liquid soap into the spray bottle. Add warm water. Then shake to mix the soapy solution.
- Spray your flowers. Lightly spray the affected leaves of the plants. Don’t drown the plants, just spray a little then repeat once daily. You should notice a reduction in pests chewing your plants within a few weeks.
- Create a beer trail. Once your have begun treating the pests, you want to remove the threat of other animals tearing up your plants by the roots. Open a can of warm beer and slowly pour a trail around the exterior of the garden. Let the beer soak into the ground and you should notice that the animals leave your plants alone.
- Keep an eye out for rain. Whenever it rains heavily you will need to repeat your soap spray and beer treatment. Also, repeat the process whenever you start to see pests creeping near your garden.
There are plenty of pesticides and insecticides at the garden outlet that will kill your garden pests. By following these steps you can kill pests without contaminating the soil or local water with chemicals.