You can make your own homemade bathroom tile cleaner if you are trying to save money. You will also use natural ingredients and no chemicals that may be harmful to the environment. This will be a great way for you to save some money while also being environmentally friendly. You will not have to purchase most, if not all of the items that you are going to need.
Here are the steps on how you can create your own bathroom tile cleaner:
- Materials. First, you have to gather all the materials that you are going to need. Get an empty spray bottle, ½ cup of vinegar, ¼ cup of baking soda, a bathroom scrub and water. If you do not have an empty spray bottle, you can purchase one from the hardware store or the garden store.
- Mix the Ingredients. To make the tile cleaner, you will just have to mix the vinegar, baking soda and water. Shake the bottle very well. You can already use the solution to clean your bathroom tiles.
- Using the Solution. Spray the solution on the grout in between the floor tiles. Use the bathroom scrub to get rid of all the dirt and grim that has accumulated in between the floor tiles. You can scrub the tiles without using any gloves but if you are worried about getting the smell of vinegar on your fingers, you can wear gloves. Also, the bathroom may get stuffy so you should open the windows so that the smell of vinegar won’t stay in the bathroom.
- Other Uses. This tile cleaner is not only for the bathroom. You can also use this for kitchen sink tiles and other types of flooring. You can use the mixture for porcelain tiles, ceramic, granite tiles and other types of flooring.
- Additions. If you are finding it hard to get rid of the grime and grout on the floor tiles, you can add a little bit of bleach to the cleaner solution. The solution will not be environmentally friendly but you will be able to get rid of the dirt with a little bit of bleach. Do not use this solution for wooden flooring as it can ruin the wood and have white streaks.
These are the steps on how you can create your own bathroom tile cleaner. It is better to use homemade products because you know the different materials that are used to create the solution. You will also be able to save lots of money by not buying commercial bathroom tile cleaners. In order to maintain the cleanliness in your bathroom, you must clean and scrub the tiles regularly. Clean the whole bathroom at least 3 times a week so that dirt and grime will not build up in between the tiles. If you need more homemade solutions, you can research on the Internet and look at the different homemade materials you can use. You can be surprised at how much you can save just by eliminating cleansers from your shopping list.