Decorative candles are some of the nice things that you can add to your home in order to get a homey feel. These candles come with ribbons, beads, shells and any other wonderful items that you can think of. Decorative candles are quite expensive if you buy them from the store. An alternative to this is to create your own decorative candle. You will be saving a lot of money by doing this. Not only that, you will also have a one of a kind candle that will impress your guests. Follow the steps provided to make your own textured candle with a sand mold.
Here are the steps that you have to follow if you want to make a homemade textured candle with sand mold:
- Items you will need. The items that you need for this project are sand, pot, stove, water, wax, a thick wire, candle wick and a bucket or can that you want to use as the mold for your candle. You can find most of these materials in the arts and crafts store.
- Prepare the sand mold. The first thing that you should do is to prepare your sand mold. Get your bucket or can and fill it up with sand about more than a halfway full. Dig a hole in the middle of the bucket to make an interesting design for your candle.
- Melt the wax. Fill your cooking pot with just enough water so that the pot is filled about 2 inches. Heat the water under medium heat and then place a can in the water when it is already heated. This setup acts as a double boiler. When the water is already heated, put the wax inside the can. Use a wooden stick to stir the wax and help it melt quicker. If you want your candle colored, melt some crayons using the color that you want together with the wax mixture.
- Making the candle. The wax is ready once it is completely melted. Pour the wax inside the bucket with the sand that you prepared earlier. Wait for the wax to harden completely before you remove it from the bucket. The time for the wax to harden depends on how big the candle is. The bigger your candle, the longer you have to wait for the wax to harden.
- Insert wick. You can already insert the wick once the candle is completely hard. Use your thick wire and heat it up. Insert the wire at the middle of the candle to create a hole where you can insert the wick. Make sure that the wick goes through until the bottom of the candle. If there are any gaps in the hole, just pour some wax to seal the gaps in between.
These are the steps that you have to follow in creating a homemade
textured candle with sand mold. The steps are really easy to follow. You
can experiment by using other items such as pebbles small rocks and