Tired of looking at the same old furniture in the home shopping centers in your neighborhood? Are the sofa and couch designs simply not your taste, or inappropriate for the size of your house? Making your own sectional sofa is one of the easiest ways to get a sofa set that fits your tastes and your home perfectly. Here are the steps that you need to make your own.
- Measure the room. Take an accurate measurement of your room. This will determine how many sofa pieces you need. Keep in mind that the sectional sofa comes in various pieces that can be arranged to fit the contours of the room. Apart from this, the sectional can also be arranged by itself. The size of the room, however, will determine how many pieces you can comfortably fit into the space available.
- Visit custom home furnishing sites. Once this is done, you can visit custom home furnishing websites. Home reserve is one of the shops that you can check out. Apart from websites, however, there may also be some local furniture makers that can help you customize the sectional sofa that you want.
- Choose the sofa layout and design. The next step is to determine the sofa design that you want, and the layout that you will be using. The sectional sofa layout will be another factor that will determine the number of pieces that you will need to purchase. Some layouts will allow you to create a three sided continues sofa arrangement that is perfect for chatting with friends and family. Others have an L-shaped layout that can be very useful for homes surrounded with large windows.
- Determine the sofa pieces you want. There are a variety of pieces that comprises the sectional sofa. The basic piece which will add or diminish the length of the sofa is the armless section sofa pieces. These are generally smaller and measure only up to 23 inches in length. To create various shapes in your sofa layout and design, you will also need end panels and corner pieces.
- Choose fabrics. Once the design, layout, and the number of pieces you need are determined, the next step is to choose the fabrics for the upholstery. Generally, custom furniture sites will feature the fabrics that they offer, as well as a description of the fabric. Choosing the fabric pattern is easy on the web. However, you can also have sample swatches delivered to your home, if you want to touch and find out for yourself whether the fabrics are comfortable. When choosing fabrics, also remember to choose those that will not stain easily, and which contain a high thread count.
- Add to your shopping cart. To finish off your custom made sectional sofa, you will need to add the purchase to your online shopping cart and wait for the furniture makers to finish the products. The sofa will usually be delivered in a few working days.
With your own sectional sofa, designing your home interior is easy and fully customizable. You can also ensure that the sofa set will fit the space you have perfectly, and that the fabrics and textures are exactly what you want.