Finding the right design of headboard to use for your themed bedroom can be hard, especially if you are looking a specific type of headboard for your bed. As a solution for this problem, you can make your own wooden headboard. The best part is that you do not have to purchase all the materials that you will need for making this headboard. You can salvage parts from bookcases, chairs, tables and other old wooden materials that you have in your house.
Making your own wooden headboard is easy! All you have to do is to follow the simple steps below:
- Gather all the materials you need. First, gather all the materials that you need for making the headboard. If you are going to use scrap wood from your other furniture, gather all of them so that you can make a plan on how you can use them for the headboard. If not, purchase the type of wood you need for the headboard. Other materials that you will need include wood glue, saw, paint or fabric, staple gun, screws and screw gun.
- Get ideas. The next step is to know what your vision for the headboard is. You can research online on the different types of headboards that you can use so that you can have an inspiration for the one that you are going to create.
- Cut the headboard. Cut the headboard from the piece of wood that you have. You can choose the height of the headboard that you want for your bed. The width of the headboard should not be too thick so that you can secure it on your wall with screws. You do not necessarily have to have a plain block of headboard. You can cut the wood in several pieces and use the wood glue to make the art that you want for your headboard.
- Paint or cover with fabric. When you already have the size of the headboard that you need, the next step is to paint the headboard. If you choose to wrap the headboard with fabric, use your choice of fabric and stretch it over the piece of wood that you have. Use the staple gun to secure the fabric in place. If you paint your headboard, allow it to dry completely before doing the next step.
- Installing the headboard. Mount the headboard on your wall. For this, you will need to use the screws and the screw gun. Make sure that the headboard is on the right place before your install it on the wall. Use screws on each corner of the headboard for the headboard to be secure.
These are the simple steps on how you can make your very own wooden headboard by using some of the materials that you may already have at home. Making your own headboard is not that difficult. Another advantage is that you can get the exact type of headboard that you want for the rooms in your house.