Mothers only want the best for their baby. From the food their child eats to the clothes and diapers her child will use, mothers always look for the best their baby can have. So when your diaper pail starts smelling stinky, it is about time that you look for ways to deter the potential distraction in your baby’s room. You do not want to smell something awful in your baby’s room while the two of you are having your quality time together. This is the time that you need some diaper pail deodorizers. There is a world of options of these deodorizers in every supermarket. But you can make your own homemade diaper pail deodorizers using natural ingredients available in your home. Just follow these simple steps:
- For this particular type of diaper pail deodorizer, you will need cupcake pans, cupcake papers or wax papers, two cups of baking soda as an excellent odor absorbent, anything from your favorite essential oils, and distilled water. Essential oils, like eucalyptus, mint, lemon, lavender, and tea tree, are also used as deodorizers and scenting cleaners. They can be bought in herbal supply shops or health food stores.
- Put the cupcake papers or wax papers in the cupcake pans. This will ensure that the mixture will not stick to the cupcake pans.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, place the baking soda along with a considerable amount of distilled water. Mix thoroughly using a wooden stick. Add the water in small proportions until it achieves the consistency of a thick frosting.
- Use a few drops of essential oils to add some fragrance to your deodorizer mixture. You can use from among a variety of essential oils like lavender, rosemary, and eucalyptus oils. Lavender and rosemary oils are excellent for fragrance while eucalyptus is perfect as a disinfectant while giving that pleasant odor you want.
- Put the mixture into the cupcake papers until about half an inch layer in the bottom of each cupcake pans is reached Allow the mixture to dry at room temperature for one to two days. When they are all done, place them in an airtight storage bag or any container with a tightly sealed lid.
- When using the diaper pail deodorizer remove the cupcake paper and place it in the bottom of the diaper pail before putting the used diapers of your baby.
Indeed, mothers only want the best for their babies. So if you want your baby’s room devoid of any irksome smell from your diaper pail, it is that easy to make your own deodorizers. You only need a few ingredients that are easily found and environment friendly, which makes it a better option than those sold in the supermarket. You do not have to spend much. All you need is a little bit of time and voila! You can have your homemade diaper pail deodorizers in an instant.