Nowadays more and more kinds of diseases are appearing. These diseases are sometimes not known and they affect you and your family because it is somewhat scary not to know what they are. The best way to prevent bacteria and viruses from invading your home is through disinfecting. Disinfectants are effective in fighting off these diseases, but the chemicals in these products pose a threat to your health. Make your own natural disinfectant and just go natural!
To make your natural disinfectant, you should gather the following ingredients:
- Tea tree oil
- Castle soap
- White vinegar
- Essential oil
- Lemon juice
- Isopropyl alcohol
The first recipe has an antiseptic property that is great to use during the season of flu. You can spray this on doorknobs, phones or other surfaces that are commonly handled. Here is how you make it:
- Take a 16 ounce sprayer bottle and fill it with purified or distilled water. The spray bottle should be clean. If you are reusing a bottle, be sure to clean the bottle thoroughly and do not leave any residue. Run the sprayer through water to clean it if you are reusing it.
- Buy castle soap from your local health food store. Mix in 3 tablespoons of castle soap into the water and mix well.
- Add 20 to 30 drops of tea tree oil into the mixture. Replace the cap and shake to mix thoroughly.
The second recipe can be use as a natural disinfectant for kitchen tiles and the bathroom. It is very simple.
- Mix a small amount of purified or distilled water with white vinegar in a spray bottle. You can use just the vinegar purely but it might not smell too good.
- Spray liberally onto kitchen counters, floors and walls. Use it in bathrooms and toilet seats.
- After covering the surface with the natural disinfectant, wipe it with a clean damp cloth.
The third recipe, an alternative natural disinfectant to clean surfaces,uses borax. Follow this recipe:
- Add 1/2 cup of borax to one gallon of white vinegar.
- Replace the cap and shake well to mix. You can store the excess disinfectant in a cool dry place if you do not need it at the moment.
- Take a clean cloth and wet it with the mixture. Wipe off bacteria on surfaces.
The forth recipe is another alternative using borax as a natural disinfectant. Here are the steps to follow to combine the mixture:
- Prepare a gallon of hot water. The water should be hot but not boiling. Use a heat-resistant gallon and not plastic. The heat might release harmful toxins from the plastic.
- Pour 1/2 cup of borax and mix thoroughly.
- Drop in strings of thyme, rosemary or lavender. Let it immerse for 10 minutes. Remove the herbs and let the mixture cool. You can use essential oils as an alternative for the herbs if herbs are not readily available in your area.
- Pour it in a clean plastic bottle. You can store it in a cool dry place or you can use it immediately for disinfecting.
Going natural is always a good way to go in terms for cleaning your home. Not only that your family’s health is always safeguarded, it can save you money and is nurturing to the environment.