The easiest and quickest way to make your business public is to post an outdoor sign. These days, computers make our lives easier and one of those conveniences that we can take from computers is making outdoor signs. This is one of the reasons why we see so many of these signs with one sign bigger and more elaborate than the next one. If you are interested in making one for yourself, these suggestions will help you.
Use a design company. Design companies may seem expensive but you will be surprised how accommodating they can be. They might not be as cheap as you expect, but there is a big possibility that they will exceed your expectations. They are experts in this field. They should, at least be able to do that. Another benefit that you can get from this is that you will have minimal participation, which is good for people who have a tight schedule to run.
Use a computer software. Computer software is the ticket to an easy do it yourself outdoor sign. You can use graphics software like Xara Xtreme or PhotoShop to help you design your advertisement. You will have access to ready to use graphics and graphic designing tools that most architects would be envious of if they are without it. The downside to this is that you will have to buy the software and it will be expensive. After creating your design, you will need to go to a printing company to have it printed. Ask them if they can provide you with the material that you want your design to be printed on or you need to buy it yourself.
Creating a wooden outdoor sign. Outdoor signs made of wood have been used to advertise for a long time. It is easy to make but it takes more time to make. Depending on how complicated the design is, it could take a couple hours or a couple of days to finish. This is how you make a wooden outdoor sign:
- Make a miniature version of the sign on paper. Be as detailed as you can so that you can determine the materials that you will need.
- Prepare the wood. Cut it into the size and shape that you desire. Apply an initial coat of paint to protect the wood from the elements. Most people usually use white or colorless paints to do this. Then, let it dry.
- Make an actual size of the design on paper then by using a carbon paper, transfer it to the wood. Before you trace the lines, make sure that both the carbon paper and trace paper is secured properly.
- Make sure that all the lines are made by comparing the wood and the original side by side.
- Fill the traces according to your desire. Start from your background to your foreground. This will reduce the chance of overlapping colors as you paint it.
- Let it dry in a room, away from people and the elements. Make sure that the temperature is neutral at 20 to 24 degrees Celsius.
Choosing which method is better depends on you. If you have the time, use the third suggestion but if you do not have the time then use the first one. If you are somewhere in the middle, all you need to do is choose the second suggestion.