Are you thinking of making your restaurant a bit more familiar to your community? Do you want people to remember you as one of the most popular lawyers in your town? Or are you just planning to tell people that you have your business in your newly acquired establishment? One of the simplest things you can do is to set up outdoor wood signs. You can follow these instructions to assist you in making your own signs.
- Make an initial design. To help you make up your mind, you need to draw or sketch what it is that you like. Be as detailed as you can. Draw the words, the logo, the borders, the colors and the message that you want to tell the readers.
- Apply the initial coating. Assuming that you have already obtained the actual size and shape of your sign, you can now paint the wood with the initial coat of paint. This will ensure that all parts of the wood will be protected from the elements making it last longer. Usually, a thin coat of white or colorless paint is applied. After this is done, let it dry.
- The tracing design. If you feel that you are capable of making your own drawings then you may proceed by drawing the actual size on paper. If you do not have the gift to create or draw the trace design on your own, you may want to hire someone to do it or ask a friend to do it for you. You do not want to do a sloppy work with this project. After preparing the piece of wood that you intend to use for your sign, thoroughly secure your carbon paper on top of the wood by using tapes. Then secure the trace design by using the same method as that of the carbon paper.
- Filling the traces. Before you start filling in with the paint, double check if all lines in the original drawing and wood is a match. If you are sure that all lines are made, start painting from the background of the layout to the topmost view. You may imagine a pyramid to understand the latter instruction; the bottom part is the background and the topmost view is the tip. Keep in mind that a design needs to attract readers and not just potential clients. Make it look clean but not boring, sophisticated but friendly, and informative but concise.
- Letting the paint dry. Paints, if not dried properly, will blister or easily flake off. The ideal environment to dry most types of paint is away from the sun, wind, debris and at room temperature. This means that it should be indoors and away from children. It should take an entire day to be sure that the paint is fully dried up.
Putting up outdoor wood signs should make you proud but putting up one that you made yourself will give you an even bigger sense of accomplishment. This particular project will be one of the first steps that will ensure your success.