Liquor cabinets are very convenient, especially when you have kids running around the house all the time. Glass wine bottles can be really dangerous if they are within reach of a child. Having a storage area would avoid the risk of getting into an unnecessary accident. However, if you are not into carpentry, this task can be very challenging. It would be highly advisable to ask for help from your loved ones and friends. This way, it will be more fun and efficient, saving you lots of time. Building your own liquor cabinet is very cost-effective too! You will be saving tons of money. As long as you have the time, commitment and patience, you can never go wrong. To learn more about how to make your own liquor cabinet, here are some very helpful steps that you can follow.
- The first thing you need to do is to know the size of the liquor cabinet that you are about to build. It is very important that you distinguish the dimensions such as the height, width and length. The dimensions should be proportionate to the number of bottles that you want to keep in the cabinet. Label each side with the correct measurement for a clearer and more understandable view.
- Determine how much wood you need. Make sure that you base it on your measurements. Always estimate bigger than the actual size so that you will have extra wood for errors.
- Before you buy any materials, set a budget. This will help you save money and will prevent you from over spending. Just make sure you stick to it.
- It is now time for you to acquire wood. Go to the nearest lumberyard and ask what would be best wood to use in building your liquor cabinet.
- Next stop is the hardware store. Buy paint, nails and screws.
- Now that you have all the necessary tools and materials, create the top, back and bottom by measuring each wood and cutting it with a saw.
- Create the shelves by doing the same thing. Cut the wood with the right measurement.
- Get the back part of the cabinet and attach the shelves. After you have done this, you can then attach the top and the bottom parts.
- Cut another piece of wood. The measurement should be the same as the back. This will be your door. Carefully attach it with hinges. Put a knob and latch to keep it from opening.
- For final touches, carefully paint your cabinet in your desired color and leave it for two days to dry thoroughly. You can then put your liquor bottles inside it.
It is highly advisable to wear safety gloves when doing this to avoid scraping your hands. You have to be patient and do everything slowly and very carefully. Do not rush. Make sure you do this in the garage or outside the house. Just follow these simple steps and you will be surprised how easy it is to build one. Good luck!