Remodeling your entire kitchen can be quite expensive. If you want a new look to your kitchen, one of the things that you can do is to make over your kitchen cabinets. The kitchen cabinets are one of the things that are first seen in your kitchen. You can revamp the kitchen cabinets so that you can have a nicer kitchen. It is better to start with one thing first before you decide to remodel the entire kitchen. Follow these tips to learn how to make over your kitchen cabinets.
- Primer and paint. If your kitchen cabinets are still intact and not at all damaged but you want to achieve a different look, one of the things that you can do is to repaint them. This makeover is cheap since all you need to buy are paint, primer and a paintbrush. Before starting, you must first determine the color that you want for the kitchen cabinets. Choose carefully. The colors must coincide with the overall theme of your kitchen. Paint the cabinets with primer. Let them dry and then add a coat or two of the color that you chose.
- Cabinet knobs. Another cheap way to makeover your kitchen cabinets is to replace the handles. This job is really simple. You just have to purchase cabinet knobs to replace your old ones. You will be surprised how different your kitchen cabinets will look after replacing just the knobs.
- Use appliqués. If you are happy with the way your kitchen cabinets look they look a bit plain, what you can do is add some appliqués to the cabinet. Kitchen appliqués come in different designs and they can make your kitchen look more attractive. The best thing about using appliqués is you just have to stick them on your cabinets and you are done. You can find some kitchen appliqués from the website Collector Connection - Kitchen Appliques.
- Stencil art. Use some stencils to liven up the look of your kitchen cabinets. There are plenty of stencils that you can purchase in arts and crafts stores. Some of the stencil designs that you can use for your kitchen cabinets are fruits, vines, vegetables, kitchen signs and many more. If you are not tight on your budget, you can even hire an artist to do some paintings on the kitchen cabinet.
- Replace the kitchen cabinets. If the kitchen cabinets are damaged, you might not have any choice but to replace the cabinets. This can be expensive than the other makeover ideas but it is still cheaper than making over your entire kitchen. If you plan to replace your kitchen cabinets, you can start anew and plan for an entirely different theme for your kitchen.
These are the tips that you can use when you want to make over kitchen
cabinets. After making over the cabinets, you can move on to other areas
in your kitchen. Remember that you do not always have to purchase new
things in order for your kitchen to look new again.