Your home will always have a couple or more stainless steel items. No one will blame your for that. Being resistant to rust and corrosion, this is a great material for several household items such as cookware and sinks. Plus, it can forever look like brand new especially if you know how to polish it perfectly.
Stainless steel is very easy to maintain. With a few applications of some mixtures, you can expect that it will smile back at you with its luster again. So if you have stainless steel items at home that are losing their shine, it is about time to do them a favor. Check out these easy ways on how you can polish these stainless steel surfaces:
- Use water and a dry cloth. A simple method of washing the stainless steel exterior with the use of warm water and drying it afterwards with a dry towel will do the trick in polishing the surface. Make sure, however, that you completely dry off the water from the surface to ensure that water spots will not form later in the picture. This polishing technique is one of the simplest and the safest for stainless steel.
- Use a glass cleaner. This is true for removing fingerprints that are often left in the surfaces of stainless steel. These prints are not a good sight and decrease the shine of the surface. Rinse the stainless steel with this cleaner and dry it using a towel once done.
- Use a special stainless steel cleaner. This is best not only for cleaning stains and scratches from the surface of the stainless steel but also for polishing it to perfection. Simply follow the instructions provided in the cleaner you are using. Take note that it is always important to towel dry the surface after the application of the cleaner.
- Use baking soda. Prepare a mixture of baking soda and water until the mixture has a paste-like consistency. Apply this mixture into the surface, rinse it well, and then dry it off completely.
- Use vinegar. A mixture of around 25 percent of white vinegar in tap water is best to help remove any kind of mineral deposit on the surface of the stainless steel. Using this will polish the overall surface of the stainless steel until it shines to perfection again.
- Use mild detergent. The same effect will be achieved using a simple dishwashing liquid. Wash the surface with hot water and detergent, especially the ones that require a more extensive kind of cleaning. Then, rinse the surface carefully and towel it dry until you see signs of a perfectly cleaned and polished stainless steel surface.
From your stainless steel cookware to your appliances, always work on polishing them regularly. This will not only help you get a good shine out of them. This will also prevent them from any kind of dust, dirt, and grime that can cause rusting and corrosion. Even if this material resists corrosion and dust, it can still be possible for the surface to be damaged if you don’t take care of it properly.