A tub faucet is the one that is installed on your bathtub. There are many different types of tub faucets that are available for you to use on your bathtub. You can remove an old tub faucet and install a new one if the old one is damaged. You can also easily replace the faucet if you want a new style of faucet in your bathroom. Removing an old tub faucet is not that hard. All you have to do is follow the simple instructions provided below and have the necessary equipment to complete the job.
Here are the steps that you have to follow in order to remove an old tub faucet:
- Materials that you need. The materials that you need for this are a screwdriver, pliers, a socket wrench and the new tub faucet that you want to install on your bathtub. Before purchasing a new tub faucet, know what type of faucet you have. You can ask some help from the personnel in the hardware store to help you pick the right type of faucet tub.
- Preparation. Switch off the water supply inside the house before you start working on the removal of the tub faucet. This will make the removing process easier for you to do.
- Remove the tub faucet. Look for the trim cap on your faucet. This is usually located on the handle of the faucet. You can use a screwdriver to do this. Remove the parts, such as the handle and the covering that keeps the faucet in place. You can use your screwdriver or pliers to do this. Remove the stop tube and use the pliers to pull out the clip.
- Install the new tub faucet. Now that you have removed the old faucet, set it aside. You may need it in the future. If not, dispose of the items properly or bring them to a recycling center. If there are any water stains or rust on the area where the faucet tub was installed, you can clean the area first before installing the new tub faucet. Install the new tub faucet that you have by following instructions. Installing the new tub faucet is easy. You will just have to reverse the steps you did when you removed the old tub faucet.
- Test the new tub faucet. When everything is in place and you have installed the new tub faucet properly, turn on the water supply in your house and see if the tub faucet works properly. There should be no leaks and the water should flow right out of the faucet easily.
These are the simple steps that you have to follow if you want to remove an old tub faucet from your bathtub. If you learn how to do this by yourself, you will not have any problems with future repairs. You do not need to call in a plumber for services. This can save you some money that you can use for other items in your bathroom.