Adhesive tiles for the floor are easy to clean and install. Most houses have these adhesive tile floors in their kitchen, as it is easy to maintain. One problem that you can encounter with adhesive tile floors is burn marks. Once you get your adhesive floor tile burned, there will be a dark mark that is left on the tile. This can look ugly on your floor. There are some things that you can do in order to remove or lessen the burn marks on the adhesive floor tile but take note that it may not work if the burn has gone through the tile.
Here are the steps that you can follow if you want to remove burn marks from your adhesive floor tile:
1. Materials that you need. Gather the materials that you need for the project so that it will be easier for you to work. You will need:
- A scraper
- Putty knife
- Tile adhesive
- Blow dryer
- Paint in the color of your tile
You can get these materials from your local hardware store if you do not have them at home.
2. Remove burnt parts. The first thing that you have to do is to eliminate as much of the burn marks as you can. Use the scraper to do this. When you start scraping, concentrate on the burnt area and avoid scraping other areas of the tile to preserve it. Make sure to clean off the burnt parts from the floor before you proceed with the next steps. It will be easier for you to clean up if you use a hand vacuum for cleaning up.
3. Paint over the tile. If you can still salvage the tile and the burn mark is not that big, the next thing that you should do is to paint the tile over. Do several coats over the burnt area until it is the same color of the tile. Allow the paint to completely dry.
4. Replace the tile. If the burn mark on the tile is very big, the only solution to this is to replace the adhesive floor tile with a new tile. You can easily remove the tile with the help of the blow dryer. Heat up the adhesive by pointing the blow dryer towards the tile. Afterwards, check to see if you can easily lift up the tile with the knife. Get the new tile and spread tile adhesive at the back of it. Place the tile over the spot where the burnt tile used to be. Apply pressure to make sure that the adhesive tile sticks to the floor. Allow to dry.
These are the steps that you can follow if you want to remove burn marks from the adhesive tiles on your floor. The steps are really easy to follow. You can also replace the adhesive tiles on your floor if you find that it is becoming too dirty or dilapidated. This is one of the advantages of using adhesive floor tiles, as they are easy to repair.