A country kitchen always evokes a feeling of warmth and comfort. It brings back pleasant memories of good company and good food, coupled with a cozy atmosphere that makes one feel right at home. Kitchens that have adapted to the country style are still as desirable as they were since way back when. It is a timeless look that only needs a little remodeling to keep it fresh and up to date.
Redecorating an existing country kitchen is a project that is both enjoyable and quite simple to do since it is still the in thing to date, and not as costly as one may imagine it to be. You just have to get those creative juices going and give it a shot. Although there are no hard and fast rules to follow, the following are just a few ideas to motivate and assist you in getting started on this project:
- Get some inspiration from magazines that feature country kitchen motifs. They may be able to provide you with fresh ideas for your own kitchen.
- Wood is basic when it comes to country. Wooden cabinets, tables and other accessories play a big role in creating that distinct country look. Applying a fresh coat of paint in warm colors of yellows, blues, and reds is a sure way of keeping up with the tradition. Another idea would be to simply stain wood to give it a rustic appearance. Make sure to sand and prime surfaces before you do. Try using chrome handles or knobs for your kitchen cabinets to maintain that old fashioned and distinctly wistful style.
- Give your walls a new look using wallpaper with a country motif. They are inexpensive, easy to find, and come in countless designs you can choose from. You may also opt to paint your walls. Whites and creams are common colors present in a country kitchen. They not only create feelings of warmth, they are also much easier to accessorize.
- Give your floors the country look too. Wood is still the most commonly used and looks its best even when simply refinished. Another inexpensive idea would be to laminate your flooring in a rich and earthy color.
- The kitchen sink is an important fixture in any kitchen, so take the time to choose one that will accentuate yours. A country style sink is normally made from copper or porcelain, and like everything else you need in this project, easily available.
- Decorate your kitchen with old paintings and vintage photographs. Check out local flea markets and antique shops. They carry a lot of unique and interesting items that are great accessories. Use your imagination. Old mirrors, crockery, and farmhouse furniture are just a few additions that will add to the country appeal of your kitchen.
Experience the pleasure of having a country kitchen and build wonderful memories with your family and friends as you enjoy the homey feeling it brings. After a hard day’s work, it is always nice to look forward to having a great home-cooked meal and spending quality time with your loved ones in this very special room.