Some people find spring cleaning as therapeutic. No matter how therapeutic spring cleaning may be, however, it is usually daunting when you see all of the mess that winter has left behind. Here’s how you can do some spring cleaning without breaking a sweat.
- Dusting. One of the first things that you have to deal with when spring comes is the dust. When spring comes, you are dealing with both the dust that has settled during winter and the dust that crops up during spring itself. Instead of using feather dusters, however, an easier alternative is to use your hair dryer. Make sure that you only turn on your hair dryer at its lowest setting, especially if you have a lot of dusting to do. Otherwise, your hair dryer may burn out.
- Vacuuming. After you have dusted the surfaces around your house, the next step is to deal with the dust that has settled on the floor. Instead of mopping, however, an easy way out is to simply take out the vacuum cleaner and use it to remove the dust. If you want your floor to be extra clean, you can douse the floor with a cleaning agent. Instead of mopping it, however, simply rinse off the soapy solution on the floor and use a Shop Vac to suck off all the water.
- Linens. If you are tired of constantly replacing your bed linens, take a little time to fix yourself before going to bed. By keeping yourself clean throughout the day, you will be able to maintain the cleanliness of your bed linens. As much as possible, you should also take a little shower before you go to bed. Not only will this minimizes the number of times when you have to change the linens, but a shower before bed will also lower your body temperature, which will make you sleepy. This is perfect for insomniacs.
- Minimizing the dishes. If the dishes are bringing you down, an option that you can take is to simply use paper plates. Paper plates can be wasteful, even if they are biodegradable. A better alternative is to cover your paper plates with wax plate coves. This way, you will only need to throw away the wax sheets, and still use your paper plates for another meal. In fact, you can continue using your paper plates as long as the wax sheets keep the paper plates dry.
- Dryer sheets. If laundry is your problem, an easy alternative is to simply use dryer sheets. If you are able to keep your clothes relatively clean, then you do not have to put them through the entire wash cycle. Instead, all you need to do is simply run them through the dryer, accompanied by the dryer sheets. They should be clean enough afterwards.
- Kids. Finally, make sure that you let your children help you with spring cleaning .kids like to move things a lot, and will appreciate the opportunity to help you go through the house. Instead of simply moving things, however, arm them with a dust cloth. You can also ask them to help you rake the yard and gather the leaves. Give them treats afterwards to motivate them and to positively reinforce this behavior.
Spring cleaning does not have to be painfully difficult. With these steps, you should be able to go through the house and the yard and leave it spic and span – without feeling exhausted.