A rope light can add a relaxing ambiance to your own home or maybe add some color to celebrations and parties. Whatever event you’ll be hosting, rope lights are indeed one of the trendiest decorations and can definitely amaze your guests.
Used to be, rope lights were popular among children at carnivals and local fairs. Nowadays, rope lights are visible everywhere. Before, they were just used occasionally, but now they are widely used by gardeners and campers and even small and big business establishments. In some households, they use it to line their driveways and flower beds. Rope lights are also famous during the holidays, and they’re also slowly gaining a reputation in interior design as accent lighting or cove lighting. A stunning Christmas tree light is indeed an eye-catcher during the holidays.
A good thing about rope lights is that you can customize them just the way you want them. You can match them with the interiors and what mood you want for an event. All you need is to mix and match and play with the color bulbs that you may have.
The rope light has undergone a lot of innovations. LED ropes and LED lamps are gaining popularity in the market these days. They are flexible, energy-efficient and best of all environment-friendly. There are other forms of rope lights such as climbing rope and light string, which can be used indoors and outdoors.
Most rope light accessories can be found at a local hardware depot near you. Some online stores offer a rope light kit, which includes a controller and other necessary items. When purchasing these items, make sure that you check every item’s wattage and manufacturer’s instructions as well.
Here are some of the basic accessories that might be useful when constructing and designing your own rope light:
- Adhesive clips are used for mounting your lights on wall surfaces.
- Rope light clips are also used in installing the rope lights. They come in varying sizes and designs to accommodate the size of your lights.
- Rope light tracks can also come in handy when mounting your lights. It not only protects your lights from damage, it also serves as decorative and utilitarian lighting.
- A rope light cutter is a very handy tool in snipping your rope lights at the desired marks and to adjust lengths.
- Shrink tubing would also be necessary when you are planning to use the invisible splice.
- Invisible splice connectors are efficient for fusing assorted rope light colors in one connection.
- A rope light connector kit would also be useful in joining a rope light to a standard electrical power outlet, and this may include an end cap, a connector unit and a 2-prong electric plug.
Different stores and online sites will offer you countless choices and varieties of rope light accessories. Be sure to consult with a specialist before purchasing them so you’ll have the perfect items that will match your lighting needs.