There are a lot of interior doors that you can choose from when you purchase a new or replacement door. You have a lot of things to consider when buying a new door for your house. You have to make sure that the door does its purpose and at the same time add a style to the room that you are going to install it in. A pros and cons list can be helpful in choosing the right door for your home.
Here are some things that you have to remember while purchasing interior doors:
- Size of the Door. Before you even think of the design of the interior door that you are going to buy, you have to take the measurements of the space where you are going to install it in. Take the measurements of the door frame. You may have to make some adjustments in order for the door to fit inside the frame. Take down the measurements so that you can bring it with you when you purchase your interior door.
- Type of Material. The second thing that you have to think about is the type of material that you want for your door. There are glass doors, wooden doors, sliding doors, panel doors and metal doors. In choosing the material, take into consideration where you would put the door. This can be an entry door, a bedroom door, or and exterior door. You can purchase light wood doors for bedrooms and you can choose soundproof doors for the music room.
- Door Use. You have to consider the use of the door. Purchase a sturdy door for an area where there are a lot of people coming in and out of the room. You can purchase decorative doors for places where there are not so many people going in and out. In places where there is limited space, you might want to use a sliding door.
- Left Hand and Right Hand. There are two types of doors—the left hand door and the right hand door. The left hand door is the type where the knob is positioned on the left part of the door, and the right hand door is the one where the door is positioned on the right hand. To decide on this, choose the type of door by testing which hand you use to open. If you use your right hand, purchase a right hand door, and if you use your left hand, purchase a left hand door.
- Theme. Be sure that the door you pick fits the theme of your house or the interior decoration on your house. Choose a door that is both functional and will add to the aesthetic value of your house. This can be the deciding factor of the door that you choose.
- Custom Made. If you are having a hard time in choosing the right interior door for your house, you may want to have one custom made. You may want to have the company measure the size of the door frame themselves so that the measurements will be accurate and installing will be easy. Having an interior door custom made to fit your house may be more expensive, but you have the freedom to choose the materials used and the overall design of the door.
These are some of the things you have to remember when purchasing an interior door for your home. Be sure to check different stores before you buy a door so that you can have different selections and you will be able to buy the best interior door for your house.