A lot of people have dreamed of having their own hot tub but are unable to buy this kind of luxury item because it is “pricey”. Most people only enjoy getting into hot tubs at a friend’s house. But what if it’s possible for you to have your own hot tub, in your own house, without spending too much? At a fraction of the price of a regular tub?
If you have a pickup truck and some other materials, you can make your personalized hot tub by converting your pickup truck into a hot tub.
Here is a list of the materials needed to turn your pick up truck bed into a hot tub:
- Pickup truck
- Big tarp
- Duct tape
- Two types of water hose
After gathering all the materials needed, you can now start converting your pickup truck bed into a hot tub.
Below are the steps in making the hot tub:
- Place your pickup truck near a water source, so that the end of the water hose can reach the truck bed.
- After parking your pick up truck. Get your tarp, and lay it on the bed of the pickup truck. Make sure that the tarp has no holes on it, check it first before laying it down. The size of the tarp varies depending on the size of the pickup truck.
- After laying it in, use the duct tape to attach or secure the tarp. Wrap it around the outside of the truck with duct tape. Make sure that you seal the tarp down, because there will be plenty of water on it. Be sure to push the tarp down between the cab and the bed.
- Now, take the hose, turn it on to full power, and put it in the pickup truck’s bed. There are pickup trucks that can hold up to 300 gallons of water, so you can do things you want while waiting for the pickup truck’s bed to be filled. This will take a few hours.
- Close the water faucet after filling the truck.
- Get another hose, then place the end of the hose into the tail pipe and secure it with duck tape. Be sure that no air is coming out from the connection between the tailpipe and the hose.
- Place the other end of the hose into the bed of the pickup truck and secure it again.
- Lastly turn on your engine. The air coming out of the tailpipe will act as heater and a bubbler on your hot tub, and if you want more bubbles you can rev up the engine to create more air and create more bubbles. Just make sure that there is someone behind the wheel at all times to rev it up. Note: before doing this, make sure that you are in a well-ventilated area.
Now you have it, your own personal, portable hot tub. You can now enjoy it with your friends and loved ones.