Blinds are window shields or coverings that act as a curtain. There are different types of vertical blinds that are available in the market today. They are made from different materials and colors to fit almost anyone's taste. Vertical blinds have slats and a cord that will enable you to pull up the blinds and put them back down. Vertical blinds are ideal for places which are prone to strong winds. Vertical blinds are able to withstand strong winds and are able to last for a long time under these conditions, compared to the other types of blinds.
Here's how to compare some of the types of vertical blinds:
- Wooden Blinds. Wooden blinds were the original design for vertical blinds. They are easy to clean and maintain and they also provide protection from the sun and strong winds. Wooden blinds are ideal for rustic style homes but they are not too elegant to look at. This type of vertical blinds tends to be cheap.
- Paper Blinds. Paper blinds come in different colors. Paper blinds are ideal for keeping out the sunlight. They are very cheap compared to other types of blinds. Paper blinds are prone to damage, as the thin material can easily tear apart. You cannot repair paper blinds as easy as the other types of vertical blinds but they are easy to clean and maintain. Paper blinds are mostly used together with sheer or solid color curtains to add an elegant effect to a room or space.
- Venetian Blinds. Venetian blinds are blinds with rotatable slats. They are capable of controlling the amount of sunlight that enters the room. You can rotate the slats by using a cord, so that the sunlight is partially or fully blocked. Typically, Venetian blinds are made out of plastic or thin metal but there are also Venetian blinds which are made from bamboo. Venetian blinds may be harder to clean because of the slats, but they are durable and can last for a long time.
- Roller Blinds. Roller blinds are made from light cloth. The other parts of roller blinds are the two frames on the top and the bottom. This type of blinds can be controlled by pulling a cord that pulls up the bottom of the cloth. With this roller blinds, you only have the option of pulling it up or taking it down. You are not really able to control the amount of light that enters the room.
- Blackout Blinds. Blackout blinds work much like roller blinds. The only difference is that blackout blinds can completely block out sunlight when they are put down. The material that is used for blackout blinds is much thicker so that sunlight is not be able to penetrate through the material.
These are the major types of vertical blinds that are available. Before choosing vertical blinds for your home, consider the uses of each one and also consider the maintenance of the blinds. These blinds basically have the same purpose but, as you can see, they differ in their styles.