When constructing your own home, picking the right flooring is one of the most important things in making your own home look good. With countless options out there it can be hard for you to pick the flooring that best suits your needs. Many considerations should be taken when buying, and one of these is the quality of flooring.
A type of flooring that lasts for a longtime is wood. Wood flooring is affordable, easy to maintain and healthy for you and your family. Wood flooring lasts for a long time. Its problems can be mostly avoided with proper care and maintenance. Protect your wood floor by exercising proper care and maintenance. Avoid using chemical-based cleaners as chemicals can cause abrasions. You can use a wax floor cleaner to remove some scratches and stains. Wood flooring is a healthy alternative, as it does not accumulate dust mites and other allergens. Therefore, you and your family can enjoy a better quality of air inside your home. Here's how to choose the best type of wood flooring for you.
What are the types of wood floors?
- Acrylic impregnated floors. This type of wood floor is hard and durable and works well with unfinished floors. It is known to be resistant to scratches, and that is why restaurants, shopping malls and other busy establishments pick this type of wood flooring.
- Engineered Flooring. This type of flooring is made up of several layers (usually 3-5 layers) of veneer wood attached together. It is identified to be resistant to humidity and moisture, and that is why it's commonly used in kitchens, basements and function rooms. It has fine grains, including oak or birch, which makes this flooring more stable.
- Solid Flooring. This type of wood floor is vulnerable to wetness. Installing it over a concrete slab is not suggested, unless acknowledged by manufacturers. But what makes it stand out from other types of wood floors is the wide array of options.
You need to choose the right type of wood flooring for your home or office. The National Wood Flooring Association (NWFA) can provide you the best information on wood flooring such as wood floor maintenance, wood floor types, styles, and wood floor design ideas. You can give your home or office a unique look by picking from the following wood floor styles:
- Strip flooring. It is linear flooring that makes your room look bigger.
- Plank flooring. It is also linear flooring like strip except for the width. The usual width of Plank flooring is 3"-14".
- Parquet flooring. Wood flooring pieces that can be formed in a geometric pattern. It will make your home or office look impressive.
Any type of flooring brings a unique look to your home and office. But if you want a type of wood that is beautiful, affordable and environment-friendly, go for wood flooring. Choose the right color and pattern that can flawlessly match your home or office decor. Contact a flooring liquidator to get top quality wood flooring at an affordable price.