Traveling can be such an exciting adventure. If you have the luxury of time, you must consider taking a train to travel around. Traveling by train is relaxing, and laid back. You can sit back and watch as the scenery goes past you, and you will really be able to get a feel of the journey, as you are witnessing every change of environment and surroundings as you go through different towns and cities. Traveling by train can be expensive if you plan to go from one place to another. However, there are ways to get cheap train tickets. If you are interested in going on a train traveling adventure, below are tips and ways on how to get them.
- The Internet will provide you with answers. If you know where to look, the Internet will direct you to different sites offering the best discounts on train tickets. For intercontinental travel in the United States, you can check out the Amtrak website. There is a section on the website that compiles all their discounts and other offers, so make sure that you check that section first. You can get discounts of as much as 25 percent, so don't miss out on these offers.
- Travel by Travelocity. If you plan to have a trip in Europe, Travelocity is the best way to book tickets. As with the Amtrak site, the Travelocity site has a section marked 'Great Deals' which compile all the promos and discounts when purchasing train tickets. Make sure that you go over them and choose the one that you feel will be most beneficial for you. You can also try availing of the Popular Passes, which are discounted tickets to places that are specifically packaged for certain periods.
- Choose the Virgin. You should go to the Virgin Trains site and find even more discounts for train travel in Europe. You can even get discounts for getting a Virgin credit card. Look out for these offers so you will be able to take advantage of the discounts and even the freebies.
- Check with the AAA. The AAA or the American Automobile Association has several ties with certain travel agencies that provide discounts for train tickets. These discounts are usually available only to those who buy tickets through the AAA. You will be surprised at the awesome discounts you can get by simply asking the AAA.
- Read magazine or newspaper ads. Sometimes, train companies announce their promotions and discounts by placing ads in certain publications. Check out these magazines or newspapers from time to time so you can spot a great deal when you see it. These discounts are usually available for a limited time only, so be sure that you are on the lookout for them.
- Follow their social networking sites. Find out whether certain train companies have existing profiles in social networking sites. If they do, join the mailing list, or follow them. You will receive promo announcements in real time, as soon as they announce it to the World Wide Web.
When you set out to look for reasonable prices for train tickets, don't let it dictate the mood of your whole trip. The goal for your vacation or trip is to find relaxation. If you stress yourself out getting the best deals, then you defeat the whole purpose of the trip. Just stay calm and have fun, and you'll definitely have the time of your life.