Smoking cigarettes are already a big part of many people’s day to day activities. People smoke before they wake up, after breakfast, before work, in-between work, during work, on the way home, when they get home, after they eat at home. And that is why cigarette butts are almost found everywhere so long a smoker has passed by. But more than that, the more common cigarette trail is the scent or the odor these little sticks leave behind.
- The cigarette smoke scent or odor is already a big issue, enough for people to create sprays and deodorizers. But these commercial products, due to the fact that they are chemicals, are offensive, if not harmful, to some people’s nostrils. Do not worry though; there is a better way to remove the smoke and odor left behind by cigarettes. Here are some tips on how to get rid of cigarette odor.
- When there is smoke, there is fire and there should be preparation. To remove the smoke scent you have to be prepared to do the job correctly. It does not take a rocket scientist to do just this. But you will need to prepare a bit. For this task, you will need a vacuum cleaner, borax, baking soda, lemon peels, charcoal, glass cleaner, and furniture polish. With the right equipment you can clean up the cigarette scent in no time at all.
- Wash the odor. Get every washable thing in the smoke scent filled room. Washable things include sheets, blankets, pillows and curtains. Now that you have gathered them, wash them in the laundry thoroughly. Make sure that you have removed the stain so keep on smelling the sheets. Rugs and other bigger mats should be brought out to be aired out. It is ideal that you leave it in the sun so the heat will eliminate other bad stuff in the rag.
- Air out the smoke. After washing the things you can wash, it is time to take care of the other things at home that you cannot just wash. So go to your window. Open it as wide as you can. And the air will come in to take the cigarette scent out. Leave the windows open as long as you want. You can do the same thing for your car. Just be mindful so that thieves will not come in and steal things from you.
- Borax special trick. Another way of removing cigarette scents is making use of borax or baking soda. Simply sprinkle either of the two on furniture as well as rugs. Allow the furniture and rugs to absorb the sprinkled borax for a while. Then use your vacuum machine. Make sure you that you get every bit of borax and baking soda. And just like in the airing out step, you can also do this to your car.
- Fruity approach. This tip is not as fruity or cocky as it sounds. This actually works! Get lemon peels. Put them in a container. And place around your room or your car. Leaving it overnight or for a good eight hours will help in eliminating the cigarette scent. If you do not have lemon peels, you can also use charcoals instead.
- Glass cleaning. Glasses in your home or in your car also retain the scent of cigarette. All you have to do to remedy this is to wash your glasses with window cleaner solution. You can also apply this to your TV and light bulbs. But be careful and unplugged them before you put the window cleaner solution.
Smoking can now be continued without leaving a trail or a whiff of the cigar all over your place or your car. Just keep the right things ready for use and you are all set to clean off the odor easily.