Dealing with jealousy can be difficult sometimes. This is a normal feeling that everyone can get once in a while. If you are dealing with a jealous friend or spouse, you must know how to handle the situation properly so that it does not develop into something much worse. It can be quite hard to deal with someone who is jealous but there are some steps that you can take to make the problem go away. Here are some useful tips that you can follow.
- Try to understand the person. This can be a difficult step. You have to try and understand why the person is being jealous. There are plenty of reasons to be jealous. If you have a lot of achievements and you are successful in your life, there might be a lot of people who are jealous of you. Understand that jealousy develops because a person wants something that you have and that they do not currently have in their life. This makes them turn against you. Know that their jealousy is not your fault.
- Ignore the person. Ignoring the person is sometimes the best solution for jealousy. This is the step that you should do especially if you know that you are not stepping on anyone and that you know that you are not doing anything wrong. In some cases, the person will realize that he is being jealous for nothing and the problem should go away. Spend your time doing your own activities and improving yourself rather than worrying about the people who are jealous of you.
- Confront the person. Another solution is to confront the person directly. This can end either way. Some people are honest enough to admit that they are jealous and why they are jealous when you confront them. However, there are some people who will deny their jealousy. Ask the person why he is jealous and try to solve the problem in a calm manner.
- Do not retaliate. Some jealous people tend to say bad things about you behind your back. If this happens, it is just best to let them be. Do not think about plotting a revenge since this will only make things worse. Do not stoop down to their level. Know that you are better than them. If you do not take notice of the things that the jealous person is doing, the problem might be solved.
- Be good to them. Be good to the person even if he is jealous of you. There is no better way to repay someone for being jealous than being good to him. This may irritate the person at first but after a while, he may realize that jealousy will not get him anywhere. You may even gain a new friend in your foe after a while.
These are the steps that you can take when you are dealing with a jealous person. Remember that you do not have to waste your time worrying about how other people think of you. It is better to surround yourself with positive attitudes rather than spending your time trying to resolve issues with a person who is jealous of you.