A lot of facial cream masks nowadays promise renewed glowing skin – for a high price. Why do you need to buy every beauty product in the market to satisfy your need for a renewed skin when you can have it at your very own home? Admit it, you can never be too sure what the ingredients in those commercial beauty products are. Are you 100% sure their labels are telling the truth? Or are they hiding some chemicals that are harsh for your sensitive facial skin? Going natural is the safest and most effective way to nurture your skin – plus, it costs a lot less than those branded beauty products. Two natural ingredients that are good for your skin (both eaten and applied) are avocado and carrot. Avocado is a good source of vitamins A, D and E while carrot has high levels of antioxidants and minerals. Sounds good, right? Read on to find out how to make that natural avocado and carrot cream face mask.
The things you should have are:
- 1 mashed ripe avocado
- 1 boiled carrot (soft and mashed)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- ½ cup of cream (heavy)
- 3 tablespoon of honey
When you have completed the ingredients, it’s time to make the facial mask. Here are the steps on how to prepare it and how to apply:
- Prepare the carrot. Put the carrot into a small pot half filled with water and let it boil in medium to high heat. Bear in mind that carrots take a lot of time to soften or cook so while preparing the other ingredients for this face mask, it’s wise to let the carrot boil for a while. Use a fork or a utensil to check if the carrot is already soft. You will notice that the carrot will somewhat look “transparent.” This indicates that the carrot is already done.
- Mash the avocado. In a separate dish, scrape the avocado from its shell and mash it thoroughly. Be sure the avocado is ripe so it will be easier to mash. To determine if the avocado you’re buying is already ripe, the shell should be tender to the touch. After mashing the avocado, mash the carrots and set them aside.
- Create the face mask solution. Mix the mashed carrot with the mashed avocado. Stir in one direction until both ingredients are completely mixed. Pour the half-cup of heavy cream and blend thoroughly. Buy the heavy cream in tetra packs to be sure their consistency is thick enough for a face mask. Add 3 tablespoons of honey into the solution and mix them.
- You can substitute the heavy cream by making your own. What you should do is mix 3/4 cup of milk with 1/3 cup of butter. Melt the butter first and pour in the milk. Stir well until it thickens. Now you are ready to apply the avocado carrot cream face mask.
- Apply the face mask. Use clean hands to apply the face mask to your face and neck, apply evenly and don’t put the mixture in your eyes. Leave the face mask for 15 to 20 minutes and let it dry out. Rinse the mask off with tap water and wipe your face gently with a face towel.
After removing the avocado and carrot cream face mask, apply your usual
face moisturizer. Remember not to use this face mask if you have an
allergy with any of the ingredients.