Peanut butter chocolate kiss cookies are a great treat during the rainy days where you just stay at home, lounge around and play card games with the kids and your husband. It is very easy to make and very delicious to eat. Chocolate always make you feel good especially during times when you are feeling down and depressed. Chocolate lifts your spirits up and gives you a better feeling. Peanut butter chocolate cookies will do just that during those days when you are not feeling very good about yourself. Read on to learn how to make this sumptuous treat.
- Gather the ingredients on your kitchen counter. You will need creamy peanut butter, Hershey’s Kisses in plain milk chocolate, shortening, granulated sugar (which you will use for rolling the dough), brown sugar, baking soda, 1 egg, milk, vanilla extract, flour, and salt. You will use an electric mixer. But if you do not have one, an egg beater will do the work.
- Measure the proportions of the ingredients. Using measuring cups and spoons, measure three quarters cup of peanut butter, half a cup of shortening, one third cup of granulated sugar, one third cup of brown sugar, three tablespoons of milk, a teaspoon of vanilla extract, one and a half cups of all purpose flour, and half a teaspoon each of baking soda and salt.
- The oven must be preheated at three hundred fifty degrees Fahrenheit. Prior to mixing the ingredients together, preheat the oven at the right temperature so you will be ready to use it once you have finished making the dough.
- Make the dough mixture. First, mix the shortening and peanut butter and beat until mixed. Follow with the granulated and brown sugar and whisk until light. Add the milk, egg, and vanilla extract and whisk until the mixture is fluffy. Add in the rest of the ingredients (except for the chocolate kisses) and beat until well mixed.
- Roll the dough into small balls. Prior to this, grease the baking sheet to avoid the dough from sticking to it. Roll the dough in sugar. Place them on the sheet three inches apart. Stick the dough in the oven for seven minutes. Take out of the oven and put a Hershey’s kiss on the center while still hot. Let the cookies cool before serving.
You can store any uneaten cookies in a plastic storage and they will
still be fresh and delicious when you take them out to eat a few days
later. Bake a new batch once you have run out because this is a great
snack idea any time of the day and on any kind of weather. When the
sweet tooth strikes during the night, you can satisfy your craving with
this delicious treat that you have made yourself. You can also make
these cookies to be given away to friends or relatives. Wrap them with a
pretty packaging and for sure, your recipients will appreciate your
gift much more because of the time and effort you put into making these