A urinary tract infection or UTI is usually caused by the E. coli bacteria building up in your urinary tract. If left untreated, a trip to the doctor and antibiotics are needed or at worst, an operation. Luckily, there are ways to treat UTI if you catch it early enough. If you feel your bladder hurts when you urinate, or when your genitalia has that burning sensation, then that is a sure sign you better start on these natural treatments.
- Drink a lot fluids. You will end up going to the toilet several times a day, but it is worth the hassle. Your body will naturally flush out the bacteria accumulating in your body. The best kinds of fluids to drink, aside from water of course, are juices. The most effective is coconut juice. It has a natural cleansing property and it is very light on the stomach. You can never have too much of it. Cranberry juice, blueberry juice and even orange juice will do you a lot of good. You should not put sugar or sweeteners in your drink. The more natural, the faster you will cure yourself. Sugar just adds to the burning sensation you feel when you urinate.
- Avoid salty foods. For now, you will have to steer away from salted peanuts, salted potatoes or any kind of snack food high in salt. Salt absorbs the fluid your body needs to heal itself. It also adds to the uric acid that you want to get rid of.
- Take Vitamin C. Ascorbic acid or Vitamin C has many benefits for your body. Vitamin C increases your levels of natural acids, which in turn help combat E coli. Take fruits high in vitamin C and for convenience, take a vitamin C capsule at least twice a day.
- Drink 8 ounces of water with a tablespoon of baking soda. This does not taste very good at all and it may take you time to drink a whole glass. But this mixture helps balance the pH level of your body. This increases the alkaline level in your body, which helps flush out bacteria in your body. You may also go to your pharmacy to test your body’s alkaline level. There are readily available disposable sheets that give you accurate instruction on how to measure alkaline in your body.
- Enjoy a cup of yoghurt. The lactobacilli organism found in yoghurt is a friendly bacteria. This good bacterium keeps the body clean and fights the unhealthy bacteria in the body. You may want to consider having yoghurt more often than usual just to have the good bacteria in your system.
- Try natural herbs. Echinacea and goldenseal root are natural herbs that have been known to cure UTI even in the late stages when bleeding is a symptom. Look for these items and take them in whatever forms available. Capsule form or tea powders are just as good. The safe thing about most natural herbs is that you cannot overdose on them.
Whatever treatment you try, do so with diligence. The most important is
that you will urinate often. When you feel you have to go to the toilet
to urinate, find one immediately and do not postpone. Holding it will
only make things worse. Treating it early is the best you can do.
Otherwise, you really will have to see the doctor, take antibiotics and
probably have UTI in the future again.