Leg ulcers are unsightly open sores that are usually found at the bottom area of one’s legs. Leg ulcers often start with an uncomfortable itching sensation, followed by pain and eventually, swelling. They can be extremely uncomfortable and unsightly, so it is best that these leg ulcers should be treated instantly. Thankfully, there are natural remedies for this. Below are ways on how to naturally treat these leg ulcers.
- Increase your Vitamin intake. This would include Vitamins A and E. Take an extra dose of 500 IU of vitamin E until the ulcers have been treated. The oil of vitamin E can also be helpful in curing the ulcers. Simply apply them directly to the ulcers at least twice a day. Vitamin A should also be increased to 10,000 IU daily. Vitamin A can also be applied directly to the wounds to treat them faster.
- Zinc can help, too. Aside from the vitamins mentioned above, an increased dosage of Zinc can also be helpful in treating the leg ulcers. Ask your doctor how much Zinc you can take in a day.
- Add berries to your diet. Berries such as blueberries and blackberries are extremely helpful in keeping ones leg capillaries healthy. By improving the capillaries on the legs, the ulcers will heal faster. Make it a habit to end your meals with berries. You may also include this in your salads or you can make juice out of it. Be creative in including this in your diet, so you can get your dose of blueberries all the time. If you cannot find fresh blueberries all the time, you may find supplements in different herbal shops.
- Consult your doctor all the time. Before you even think of pursuing these natural treatments, make sure that you ask your doctor if these are safe for you. Ask them if it will interfere with any medication that you are treating. Though herbal treatments are natural and do not contain any harmful chemicals, make sure that you are not allergic to any of the supplements or minerals that you will be increasing in dosage. Your doctor will know the most about this, so don't forget to keep him in the loop.
- Have a healthy diet. Among other things, a healthy diet will help provide you with a healthy immunity system. Ulcers can best be treated if your immunity system is functioning well. Be sure that your diet is healthy and rich in vitamins and nutrients. Increase your intake of fruits and vegetables to keep your body functioning well. Not only will this aid in healing your ulcers faster, it is also keeps your whole body healthier and stronger.
Keep in mind that when you treat your leg ulcers with these methods,
that it will not work as well as actual medicines. These treatments only
make it work more quickly, as well as keep you healthier, over-all. If
your leg ulcers remain after a time, or if they keep getting worse, go
to the doctor immediately. You cannot be too safe when it comes to these
kinds of wounds.