If you support a non-profit organization or a charity, you must know how to organize a fundraiser so that you can get the resources that you need. Fundraising activities are not easy to organize. It takes a lot of hard work and patience. If you know where to look, you will be able to organize a fundraiser successfully. Follow these tips to know how to do this.
- Determine fundraising event. There are different fundraising events that you can do. Plan one that will get the interest of people. Make it interesting to get more donations. You can ask a team to help you in brainstorming for the right type of event for your cause. Research on other fundraising ideas to get inspiration in organizing your own.
- Goals. Write down a formal letter asking people for donations. You must think about this and take your time to formulate the letter so that you can come up with something that will interest people and get their attention. Start with a brief introduction of the cause that you are raising money for. If you feel strongly about your case, this shouldn’t be as hard. Print out the letter and make photocopies to send out to people.
- List down donors. Get a list of the donors who are active in participating in your fundraising events. Get their contact details. Make sure that your list is updated so that you have contacts of new donors for your fundraiser.
- Advertise the fundraising event. Advertising is a big part of fundraising so that you can get the word out to more people. Send out the invitations to the event to the contacts that you already have. Do not depend solely on the people who are already active in the cause. Print out flyers or spread the word to your friends and family. Invite as much people as you can to the event to raise lots of money for your cause.
- Ask for volunteers. Some people do not have the capacity to donate money. Ask for some volunteers who are willing to donate their time and help out with the event. You can ask them to help with the setup or to advertise to more people. Even the smallest gestures can be a big help for your fundraising event.
- Thank the people. After the event, make sure that you thank all the people who attended. Give small tokens of appreciation for those who donated for your cause. This something that you should do to build relationships and get more donations for your future fundraisers.
- Update the donors. When you have collected the money for the fundraiser, update the donors on where the money will be spend. It is a good idea to let the people know where their money goes.
Organizing a fundraiser is not easy but it is possible with teamwork.
Make sure that you let the people you work with know what the cause is
about. Be a good leader and set a good example for your team so that
they too will be dedicated to the cause.