The laundry room is one of the areas in your home where you will be spending a whole lot of time in. Yes, doing the laundry is a chore that most people try to get out of however it still needs to be done. A laundry room that is cluttered will not help either. Like any other room in your house, you will want it clean, neat, and organized. You will also want to maximize it as well. Here are some ideas if you want to do your laundry in a room that is worth your presence.
- Start with your machines. No laundry room will be complete without a washing machine and a dryer. Make sure to locate them in an area of the room where water supply will not be a problem. Have your contractor install the piping and conduits behind the machines. Also, you will want the machines elevated so that you can use the bottom part for additional storage. Furthermore, the machines will be easier to clean and use if it is elevated to a certain extent.
- Add clotheslines. Most people ignore this aid simply because after a wash, they normally throw the clothes into the dryer. Technically, the dryer will work better if the clothes thrown in it are not drenched. Hang up some bars using your walls and place some hangers on it. You can now use these hangers to hang your drenched clothes to somewhat dry before you throw them into the dryer.
- Place a sink. This is definitely a great addition if you have clothing that you normally hand wash due to their delicate fabric and material. Having a sink installed in your laundry room will allow you to work on these articles of clothing by hand while you wait for the washing machine and dryer to work on the rest. Hence, you no longer need to leave the laundry room to finish your laundering.
- Pick an area for pressing. While you are down there, you might as well press your clothes to make it wrinkle-free. If the there is ample space in the laundry room, pick a spot where you can put the clothes presser or ironing table.
- Add storage. It would be a great idea to transform the laundry room to a make-shift utility room as well, where you can store other tools and materials that you normally use around the house such as the brooms, dustpans, cleaning solutions, gardening tools, and the like. Of course, you will need shelves, cabinets, and closets to store these tools when not in use. Now, even the smallest laundry room can be fitted for maximum storage. Simply install shelves and cabinets on the wall. If you want a closet, then pick an open space and have one custom built there. Having a lot of storage space in your laundry room will benefit you in the long run. Just make sure that you place all the items you want to store in their respective storage spaces.
Hopefully, these ideas will help you organize your laundry room thus,
making it a clean and perfectly useable room that you can hang out in
during your scheduled laundry days.