Miami is known to be the most tropical major city in the continental United States. It is known for its beaches lined with famous luxury hotels and restaurants all throughout the year, particularly during spring break.
If you are planning to visit Miami, read the tips below to help you pack before your trip.
Materials that you will need:
- Hand carry bag
- Hiking boots
- Garment bag
- Sun glasses
- Luggage bag
- First aid kit
- Travel adapter
- Research on the city. Check online about the weather during your stay in Miami. February until April is sunny and less humid, while it is hotter and more humid during late spring and summer. September to October, on the other hand, normally brings hurricane-like weather. There are several tourism sites that you can check out for local tips that you can easily find through Google.
- List down items for packing. On a sheet of paper, write down what you need to bring with you. Use a separate sheet of paper to write what you want to bring. Having this list will help you to not forget items to pack and at the same time, highlight what items you still need to purchase before your trip.
- Bring the right type of clothing. You are in luck since you do not need to carry heavy and bulky coats when visiting Miami, except during winter. You can bring shorts, shirts, summer dresses, and tank tops made of lightweight materials to keep you cool. Swimsuit, of course, is a must in your list. In winter, pack a few sweaters and long pants to keep you warm.
- Visiting Miami on a business trip? Though bright and flashy colors are popular in the beach, traditional and toned down business attires in black, gray, and navy are commonly used.
- Visiting Miami to party? People from Miami are fashion forward, especially in the party scene. Women should prepare tight-fitting dresses or skirts while men can stick to slacks and shirts.
- Think of your feet. A pair of sneakers, a couple pairs of flip flops, and a pair of dress shoes for formal gatherings are the types of shoes you should pack.
- Sun protection. You will be visiting a destination that is known to be quite sunny and tropical. The sun will be out most of the time, especially during summer. Hence, you will need ample protection from the sun. Make sure to pack a tube of sun block, a pair of sunglasses, and hats or caps perhaps. These will protect your skin from the sun.
- Pack your passport. If you are visiting Miami from a different country, your passport is very important and you should always bring it with you. You can leave these documents in a hotel safe if you plan to go to the beach and swim.
Depending on how long you plan to stay and the purpose of your visit,
you may opt to bring a small bag. Roll your clothes or use vacuum pack
bags to keep your stuff compressed.